Forums
Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Members Only (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Chess Chat (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship (/thread-204.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - Alan Tate - 15-05-2012

How did they get those odds? Andy, no need for sarcasm :-P

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - Jonathan Edwards - 15-05-2012

Alan Tate Wrote:How did they get those odds? Andy, no need for sarcasm :-P

Just pricing it similarly to other markets - it's more or less in order of rating with a few exceptions.

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - andyburnett - 15-05-2012

Alan Tate Wrote:How did they get those odds? Andy, no need for sarcasm :-P

Hehehe, I have no idea how good you are at blitz Alan, but those seem genuinely good odds on you considering how you are playing normal chess these days. =)

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - robin moore - 15-05-2012

I have been known to have a speculative wager, purely for fun of course, on the outcome of a sporting event or two. As an amateur pinsticker I wonder if those nice gentlemen at McBookie would be kind enough to quote me odds for a J11 or under to finish in the top half of this event. I would expect the odds on this happening to reflect the virtual impossibility of the junior's task. None the less I am prepared to venture a modest investment on such an outcome if they give me fair odds. Perhaps Jonathan can enquire for me....

Robin.

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - Jonathan Edwards - 17-05-2012

robin moore Wrote:I have been known to have a speculative wager, purely for fun of course, on the outcome of a sporting event or two. As an amateur pinsticker I wonder if those nice gentlemen at McBookie would be kind enough to quote me odds for a J11 or under to finish in the top half of this event. I would expect the odds on this happening to reflect the virtual impossibility of the junior's task. None the less I am prepared to venture a modest investment on such an outcome if they give me fair odds. Perhaps Jonathan can enquire for me....

Robin.

Only going to be offering an outright market I'm afraid since they're testing the waters with chess ;P. The certain J11 you're talking about will certainly do very well though! Will be interesting to see if he wins the junior prize...

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - robin moore - 25-05-2012

Now come on Mr McBookie,

You have an 11 year old boy at 33/1, the same price as a Scottish Champion GM, what's going on here? Besides, there is a dangerous young player who is lurking much further down your list at twice these odds who is brilliant in a time scramble,

Robin.

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - robin moore - 26-05-2012

Everyone,

Jonathan has taken an incredibly exciting route to attracting top players to play in Scotland. The last time I looked there were 39 places still available for this event. We need everyone to either try and play themselves in this wonderful new tournament or support it in any way they can through paying for a place for someone you feel deserves an opportunity either as an individual or as a much valued club or county member. Let's get together as a chess loving and playing community to make this event the massive success it deserves to be not only this year but in many years to come,

Robin.

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - StevieHilton - 27-05-2012

It is not practical for me to play sadly, not without an assistant

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - Jonathan Edwards - 30-05-2012

StevieHilton Wrote:It is not practical for me to play sadly, not without an assistant

You should've sent me an email to ask me about this =). If you feel it would be practical to play blitz even with an assistant, then I'll see if I can get someone... Not sure how it would work though.

Just a reminder to anyone looking to enter: There's now 16 days left to enter with 67/100 places currently taken.

EDIT: Also, just want to say that it's a shame that I've lost a few entries due to the condition of having to pay before the day itself. I just want to clarify my decision on this - If I accept cash on the day, then the majority of people would choose this option no doubt and it would be difficult to take all the entry fees in such small space of time during registration.

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - StevieHilton - 30-05-2012

I appreciate the offer Jonathan, but due to financial restraints, I could not commit anyway