Forums
Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Members Only (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Chess Chat (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship (/thread-204.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - Hugh Brechin - 01-03-2012

Graeme Kafka Wrote:This is absolutely first-class work. I'll make every effort to play in this!

I can't offer Mr. Naiditsch anywhere to stay, but I'll buy him a pint.

I echo these sentiments entirely.

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - Andrew McHarg - 01-03-2012

Hugh Brechin Wrote:
Graeme Kafka Wrote:This is absolutely first-class work. I'll make every effort to play in this!

Same.

And getting Naiditsch pissed might make him beatable by a mere mortal, so I think everyone should buy him a pint.

What impact will the sponsor have Jonathan; can you guarantee a big 1st prize?

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - Clement Sreeves - 01-03-2012

As opposed to the mediocre £800 which is there at the moment? Tongue

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - Hugh Brechin - 01-03-2012

I reckon a 2700 would be passing out long before his level dropped enough for any of the likes of us to have much of a chance.

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - Jonathan Edwards - 01-03-2012

Andrew McHarg Wrote:What impact will the sponsor have Jonathan; can you guarantee a big 1st prize?

Will have to wait and see on that one! It really depends on the number of entrants - there's a current cap of 100 which can be extended if there's sufficient interest. But the main aim for now is to try and get up to near that amount...

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - David Deary - 01-03-2012

Jonathan, congratulations on the coup of getting Naiditsch to play.

I hope the tournament is a success.
Its too early for me to commit too as I'm not sure what I'm doing holiday-wise this year but if I'm available I will try to play. Sounds like its going to be well attended though! =)

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - Andrew McHarg - 01-03-2012

Clement Sreeves Wrote:As opposed to the mediocre £800 which is there at the moment? Tongue

Didn't realise this was already on offer... nice! Big Grin

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - Calum MacQueen - 02-03-2012

Andrew McHarg Wrote:
Hugh Brechin Wrote:

Same.

And getting Naiditsch pissed might make him beatable by a mere mortal, so I think everyone should buy him a pint.

What impact will the sponsor have Jonathan; can you guarantee a big 1st prize?

Guess I'll get him another pint as well. We might not be as good as him at chess but ideally we can out-drink him. =)

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - robin moore - 02-03-2012

I want to be considered as a contender for out drinking GM Naiditsch. I will have the advantage and experience of trying to outdrink GM Sulskis at Prestwick. Maybe it should be renamed the Scottish chess blitzed championship.

Re: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship - Gary McPheator - 02-03-2012

I am shocked at you Robin. You know fine well we Ayrshire players pride ourselves in our temperance. This talk of partaking in a competition involving the demon drink will lead to dire consequences. I feel an egm of the ACA is called for and I shall be recommending you be stripped of your Honorary Presidency of Prestwick Chess Club!