Forums
Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro 2018 - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Members Only (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro 2018 (/thread-1829.html)

Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro 2018 - JohnMontgomerySCC - 22-05-2018

Just about three weeks to go until this year's Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro.

To be held in The Stewarton Annick Youth & Community Centre, Standalane, Stewarton on Sunday 10th June 2018

Plenty of room for more entries which can be made by email, post or telephone as per the entry form on the Chess Scotland web site

Any queries contact me at john.montgomery@btinternet.com or by telephone

RE: Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro 2018 - JohnMontgomerySCC - 24-05-2018

(22-05-2018, 10:18 PM)At just over two weeks to go until this year\s Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro we have had to change venue but don't worry it is only 200 yards away from the old venue and is to be held in Lainshaw Primary School, Kilwinning Road, Stewarton KA3 3DLAll other details are still the same.The new venue is just under the railway bridge and on a left turn from the Stewarton Annick Youth Centre where we have been for over twenty yearsUnfortunately a change in policy at the Youth centre meant that we could not book the same venue and we were only told about this change yesterdayAll entries that have been accepted are listed on the CS website under the Calendar pageIf you think you have entered and your name isn't there then please let me know as soon as possibleThanks for your attentionJohn MontgomeryStewarton Chess Club Wrote: Plenty of room for more entries which can be made by email, post or telephone as per the entry form on the Chess Scotland web site

Any queries contact me at john.montgomery@btinternet.com or by telephone

RE: Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro 2018 - JohnMontgomerySCC - 03-06-2018

Come on guys and gals.
One week to go to this year's Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro and the entries are just in the 30s
I know there are plenty of regulars who say they may come but we need to know numbers as soon as possible for catering etc
Please email me or telephone on the contact details show on the CS web site

Thanks
John Montgomery
Stewarton Chess Club

RE: Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro 2018 - Ianbrownlee - 03-06-2018

(03-06-2018, 01:40 PM)JohnMontgomerySCC Wrote: Come on guys and gals.
One week to go to this year's Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro and the entries are just in the 30s
I know there are plenty of regulars who say they may come but we need to know numbers as soon as possible for catering etc
Please email me or telephone on the contact details show on the CS web site

Thanks
John Montgomery
Stewarton Chess Club
the catering is always first as is the home made stuff

you know i'll be there john to improve on my 0/5 performance from last year

RE: Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro 2018 - JohnMontgomerySCC - 07-06-2018

OK guys and gals
I've had to close entries now - we are at capacity for the reduced size of venue
Entries are at 92 players with a very strong Open section - seven players out of twenty three are graded over 2000.
Three IMs and an FM among them
Major section is strong as well and has nineteen players
The Minor section has twenty four players and again is very strong
We have a large contingent of juniors from Lenzie Chess Academy coming to play as well in various sections

Play starts at 10.30am but we would like players to register by 10.15am
We understand players coming by train will arrive just in time so don't worry
And a reminder to everyone that we are in a different venue from previous years but just 200 yards from the old venue.  We are in Lainshaw Primary school just across the road from the railway carpark that you will usually be directed to.  Someone will be outside the old venue to redirect anyone who goes there
Good luck to everyone and have safe travels to us on Sunday

RE: Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro 2018 - JohnMontgomerySCC - 10-06-2018

Results from Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro 2018
Open section
First place tie between Stephen Mannion and Roddy McKay - Stephen wins on tiebreak
Third equal shared between Andrew Muir, Jamie Malkin, Alex Gilles

Major section
Three way tie for first place David Congalton, George Murphy, Calum McGillivray
David wins first place on tiebreak

Minor section
First place Joe Biggans
Second place tied by Jonathan Fallman, Walter Pearson, Billy Reid, Cooper Patterson

Under 14 section
First place Conor WIlson
Second place Lew Ng
Third place Rajkumar Anbu

Under 12 section
First place Shwetika Balaji
Second equal tied between Ishan Kumar, Lloyd Ferguson

Full report to follow in a day or so