Forums

Full Version: East Kilbride Open starts Thursday 24 April.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I discovered last season at Ayr, that if you make your first five or six moves quickly, (there under 30 seconds each), you have more time than you started with.
Andrew McHarg Wrote:What are the reasons for some disliking incremental time controls?
I feel that they favour the stronger player, I feel that they allow them to wriggle out of what would normally have been a lost position. I will never enter any tournament which has these time controls.
I have played enough of these games online to feel that they are unfair and in my opinion definitely favour the stronger player.
George Thomson Wrote:
Andrew McHarg Wrote:What are the reasons for some disliking incremental time controls?
I feel that they favour the stronger player, I feel that they allow them to wriggle out of what would normally have been a lost position. I will never enter any tournament which has these time controls.
I have played enough of these games online to feel that they are unfair and in my opinion definitely favour the stronger player.

Not sure if this is a serious post? :-\
Jonathan Edwards Wrote:
George Thomson Wrote:

Not sure if this is a serious post? :-\
Silly me, how are you supposed to gauge the seriousness of a post without any added
:bash: Confusedos: :bash: Confusedos:
Three more entries.

Phil Thomas Ham 1822
Daniel Thomas Ham 1758
David Hewitson PO 1521
Pages: 1 2