Forums

Full Version: AGM conclusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Andy H notified everyone earlier on this noticeboard in another thread that he a had a throat infection and would therefore not be actually speaking and that his communication would be pencil and paper via Hamish.

Quote:Can I appeal to anyone wanting to ask me anything on Sat at the meeting to email me in advance. Unfortunately I have a nasty virus that hit during the winter chess festival. I lost my voice 8 days ago and have been told by the docs not to talk for at least 7 to 10 days.

I can then at least give you a response!

On that count I think you owe an apology.
Jim Webster Wrote:Also the standards committee basically have final say on disciplinary matters - AGM cannot get any info out of them they don't wish to disclose.[/quote
actually I didn't know this but it's useful to know

]
Jim Webster Wrote:Actually, AOCB topics are not able to be voted on at an AGM.

I'm sure this and other concerns will be looked at by the working party. I am going to start a new thread for items and ideas for the working party to look at
Ian - you misquoted me, I did not say ..

Quote:Also the standards committee basically have final say on disciplinary matters - AGM cannot get any info out of them they don't wish to disclose

That was Andy Muir.
amuir Wrote:3 Facetiously he gagged Andy H the whole meeting. Andy H said nothing throughout, he passed notes to Hamish in a whisper who then censored them before reading them out if he liked them!

Also the standards committee basically have final say on disciplinary matters - AGM cannot get any info out of them they don't wish to disclose.

Andy this is completely out of order. The reasons I was not speaking at the meeting are well known. Anyone at the Lothians Allegro yesterday and Winter Chess Festival can verify why I could not speak.
Andy - I was joking about your laryngitis.
In fact there was a nice democratic vote on whether the president can block a motion and the meeting agreed 12-8 that he could. This should be formalised in the constitution. This makes the vote for the president a very important one.
I only wanted an informal vote at the AGM on AOCB. I knew it would not be binding but given that over 20 people were there, this was the largest poll that could be held.
amuir Wrote:ok, but the meeting certainly set some precedents that the president has special powers:
1 He can block motions
2 He can allow/deny votes on AOCB - presumably no Kasparov/Ilyumzhinov vote would have been allowed either - Andy H must use the noticeboard poll
3 Facetiously he gagged Andy H the whole meeting. Andy H said nothing throughout, he passed notes to Hamish in a whisper who then censored them before reading them out if he liked them!

Also the standards committee basically have final say on disciplinary matters - AGM cannot get any info out of them they don't wish to disclose.

amuir Wrote:Andy - I was joking about your laryngitis.

ah, i get it now; you can say anything you want no matter how controversial or just plain rubbish but suffer no consequences if you say, "joking"; nice one Mr Muir.
Jim Webster Wrote:Ian - you misquoted me, I did not say ..

whoops Jim sorry about that clicking incorrectly done that don't know how I screwed that up
Pages: 1 2