Forums

Full Version: Tromso Olympiad 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Back from hols and this reminds me there is an election coming and I don't mean the one for the local nationalist / separatists %-(

So, how do I register my vote for who I want CS to pick for new FIDE president?
I'm sure we are voting for GK.
Teams in hotel < 200 yds from venue
Captains have to be trained to pay their bills - I am sacrificing both rest days to get my FIDE Trainer Title.
4.20 am start tomorrow, updates there only if can get internet access
Andy,

Is this the Fide trainer course you will be attending?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://trainers.fide.com/images/stories/downloads/TRG_Seminars_2014/FTS-TRO_2014-Prospectus.pdf">http://trainers.fide.com/images/stories ... pectus.pdf</a><!-- m -->
Robin, yes, seminar 3
amuir Wrote:Robin, yes, seminar 3

I notice these training / certifications cost money. Who is paying?
CS
How many people are CS sponsoring for this training and at what cost. Also wondering how this got approved e.g. was there a motion put to CS exec that approved this.

Not sure if it's just me but I am surprised to hear we - a self funding private members club effectively - are funding such training at least without some up front discussion to determine who should be the lucky recipient(s).
I am more concerned that there is effectively no democratic process (or even discussion from our representatives explaining their reasoning) with regards to the FIDE election - I can half appreciate the comparison with MPs making decisions on our behalf without having to recourse to a referendum every time but at least parliament make their decisions public and there is lots of public discussion, this all seems to be behind closed doors.

Perhaps I am missing some thread or something?
hamish olson Wrote:I am more concerned that there is effectively no democratic process (or even discussion from our representatives explaining their reasoning) with regards to the FIDE election - I can half appreciate the comparison with MPs making decisions on our behalf without having to recourse to a referendum every time but at least parliament make their decisions public and there is lots of public discussion, this all seems to be behind closed doors.

Perhaps I am missing some thread or something?

I think it is exactly same topic i.e. a question of level of transparency.
h. GMs and IMs would not have to attend a
seminar, but would be given the lowest title
together with all
the TRG literature
(optional).

Would this clause save CS money and/or save Andy M from 'sacrificing' his rest days?

Is there a particular need/benefit for someone to have this title? If so, as a chess coach myself, I might quite like to have the FIDE trainer title, particularly if it was being paid for me!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44