Forums

Full Version: Topalov Simul
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The venue is now confirmed as Edinburgh Chess Club.

There will be spectating opportunities but these are limited by the size of the premises.
I should have mentioned that Quality Chess will be donating somee book prizes.
no players from scottish champs ed west or SNCL champs hamilton:
6 edinburgh players
was draw random ?
Isn't Ian McLean an "Edinburgh West" player?
I believe so ;P

I can't understand why Greet and Aagaard are playing in the Simul, these guys regurarly get to play top GMs, give someone else a chance!!
amuir Wrote:no players from scottish champs ed west or SNCL champs hamilton:
6 edinburgh players
was draw random ?

For once I agree Andy - it would good to know what crtieria applied.
Seriously, George?

I'm guessing 'names out a hat' - the list of players who didn't make it on includes Vipin Zamvar, Raj Bhopal, Keith Aitchison, Graham Dempsey and David Oswald; if anything it's more Edinburgh-heavy than the lucky ones.
Hugh Brechin Wrote:Seriously, George?

I'm guessing 'names out a hat' - the list of players who didn't make it on includes Vipin Zamvar, Raj Bhopal, Keith Aitchison, Graham Dempsey and David Oswald; if anything it's more Edinburgh-heavy than the lucky ones.

It was stated in advance that players would be picked from different categories but the category definitions were never made public.
I believe for Karpov simul, players were selected on grading
There is no satisfactory way of drawing the names for such an event, as there were bound to disappointed players whatever the method of selection used.
Pages: 1 2 3 4