Forums

Full Version: Ayr Congress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We are back, usual place. Today is the last day to enter online. After today you will have to contact us via the website contact form or see us at the venue, preferably not 10 minutes before we start.

Links to Chess Results will follow and links to live boards too.

As I type there are 23 places left, see you there.
Chess Results link to all sections here.
One of our many promising young Scottish juniors, 10-year old Rishi Vijayakumar leading a titled pack on 3 out of 3 going into Sunday. Well done Rishi!
(24-04-2022, 12:29 AM)ruairidhmckay Wrote: [ -> ]One of our many promising young Scottish juniors, 10-year old Rishi Vijayakumar leading a titled pack on 3 out of 3 going into Sunday. Well done Rishi!

Very impressive player. Does that mean we don't actually need a saviour after all?
(24-04-2022, 09:35 AM)Alan Tate Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-04-2022, 12:29 AM)ruairidhmckay Wrote: [ -> ]One of our many promising young Scottish juniors, 10-year old Rishi Vijayakumar leading a titled pack on 3 out of 3 going into Sunday. Well done Rishi!

Very impressive player. Does that mean we don't actually need a saviour after all?

A certain quote from Monty Python springs to mind here   Smile
Rishi duffed me up twice last week at SOCO online, very impressive young man, we have a few promising young players coming through
Some interesting games there from Rishi. Beating Hamish obviously stands out because he is always a tricky opponent and in good form after the British.

It will be interesting to follow his progress.

If you look back at Scottish juniors who have achieved similarly good results over the last decade I would say that a very common theme was that they were very well prepared (in terms of opening theory) but impractical. That speaks to the nature of Scottish chess with a number of very good coaches, but a lack of tournaments.

Flicking quickly through these games it is difficult for me to tell whether this is the case here or not.
Hello everyone,

Thank you to the organizers.

Just wanted to say that on Saturday night, I lost my dark grey jumper in the hotel, I left it over my iPhone while it was charging in the analysis room called ''Ambassador''. This was after I finished my game, during round 3 and the blitz, so Saturday evening. If anyone find out it and took it please let me know, my email is nskettos@live.com and my phone 07544935235.

It would mean a lot to me. Thank you.
Who is coaching these juniors ?
(25-04-2022, 05:35 PM)amuir Wrote: [ -> ]Who is coaching these juniors ?

The answer is usually Andrew Green.  It is a very professional operation

https://www.edinburghchessacademy.com/

It hasn't got the recognition that it deserves in Chess Scotland.  It is a real gem.
Pages: 1 2