Forums

Full Version: Player of the Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As far as I can see, it looks like CS Player of the Year has ceased.  I think this is a great shame, because it was an opportunity to engage with the membership and consider the contribution made by a diverse group of contenders.
If it is not too late for 2020, I'd like to suggest CS try and it get it going again.  I'd also like to suggest Neil Berry and Andy Howie for their contribution to keeping online chess going during the pandemic (there may well be others who are equally deserving in the same category).
(17-11-2020, 04:51 PM)Matthew Turner Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I can see, it looks like CS Player of the Year has ceased.  I think this is a great shame, because it was an opportunity to engage with the membership and consider the contribution made by a diverse group of contenders.
If it is not too late for 2020, I'd like to suggest CS try and it get it going again.  I'd also like to suggest Neil Berry and Andy Howie for their contribution to keeping online chess going during the pandemic (there may well be others who are equally deserving in the same category).

Is anyone playing any chess ? I have played nine games in the 2020-21 season
dont worry Andy there's plenty of chess coming up allbeit online Major announcements coming very soon in the next coming weeks, including online chess leagues and other tournaments, as well as the excellant SCT organised by John Mcnicoll and his efforts
Matt, It is not too late and thanks for a timely reminder. To be honest we didn't think about it as there was no chess but if people want it, yes we are more than happy to facilitate.

I would like to nominate Alan Tate for being Treble online Scottish Champion and an excellent Online Olympiad Captain. I will do a formal announcement later with the nomination and voting process.
I guess it is that time again? I am racking my brains to think of any candidates? Anyone standing out? Big Grin
It is indeed. 1 candidate in my mind. Freddy Gordon
Nominations are now officially open https://www.chessscotland.com/news-post/...year-2021/
(30-11-2021, 06:38 PM)Andy Howie Wrote: [ -> ]Nominations are now officially open  https://www.chessscotland.com/news-post/...year-2021/

I nominate Hamish Olson , FM 2296 , 2nd place in British Championship and good performance in Northumbria Masters.
Noted, Will add during the rest day