Forums

Full Version: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
all right Pat you're right as usual see you on Sunday 8)
The entry list is filling up with 54 players entered of the allocated 100 places available.

There are now 7 GMs, 3 IMs and 2 FMs entered into the Scottish Blitz. I would just like to point out that there are prizes aimed at all levels of players with £350 of grading prizes..! So please don't be put off by the higher rated entries - at the moment only 8 players fall into the U2000 grading prize and 13 players in the U1700.

When will you get the chance to play a FIDE rated Blitz game against a titled player in the first round again? :U
Jonathan

I only count 49 in the entrants list on your website but it states 53, which is also different from your above post. Just making sure you are aware of this? =)

Andrew
Just another quick point Jonathan. How is it possible for a round to start immediately after the end of the previous round. Don't you need at least 5 minutes or something? =|
Ooh... I wonder how many games will be won in this way (especially when some clocks get low on time):

Fide Wrote:B.3 c) An illegal move is completed once the opponent’s clock has been started. The opponent is entitled to claim a win before he has made his own move. However, if the opponent cannot checkmate the player’s king by any possible series of legal moves, then the claimant is entitled to claim a draw before he has made his own move. Once the opponent has made his own move, an illegal move cannot be corrected unless mutually agreed without intervention of an arbiter.
Andrew McHarg Wrote:Jonathan

I only count 49 in the entrants list on your website but it states 53, which is also different from your above post. Just making sure you are aware of this? =)

Andrew

The difference is the junior places at the bottom that haven't been allocated yet. :-) (I hope!)
Andrew McHarg Wrote:Just another quick point Jonathan. How is it possible for a round to start immediately after the end of the previous round. Don't you need at least 5 minutes or something? =|

Well there's 25 mins allocated to each round. Maximum of 15 mins per round, 5 mins to create draw, 5 mins to find seat.
Jonathan Edwards Wrote:The entry list is filling up with 54 players entered of the allocated 100 places available.

There are now 7 GMs, 3 IMs and 2 FMs entered into the Scottish Blitz. I would just like to point out that there are prizes aimed at all levels of players with £350 of grading prizes..! So please don't be put off by the higher rated entries - at the moment only 8 players fall into the U2000 grading prize and 13 players in the U1700.

When will you get the chance to play a FIDE rated Blitz game against a titled player in the first round again? :U

I am not sure anyone has said this already but this really is tremendous to see an event of this calibre in Scotland and advertised on sites like ChssVibes. Just shows what is possible and that chess in Scotland doesn't have to be just "stars barred".

Great work Jonathan. I am sure this will be a greta success and, I hope, the first of many such events!!
George Neave Wrote:I am not sure anyone has said this already but this really is tremendous to see an event of this calibre in Scotland and advertised on sites like ChssVibes. Just shows what is possible and that chess in Scotland doesn't have to be just "stars barred".

Great work Jonathan. I am sure this will be a greta success and, I hope, the first of many such events!!

Thanks, George. Really appreciate you supporting the event by entering as well =).
Ivan Stoke's newly formed company - Professional Poker Videos - has generously sponsored the Scottish Blitz. I just want to thank Ivan for supporting the event as well as everyone else who has donated and entered so far! So please, check out http://professionalpokervideos.com/. I fully recommend the site as it fills a gap in the market... there are no other sites out there that offer poker courses in such a user-friendly format.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11