Forums

Full Version: Scottish Chess Blitz Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Graeme Kafka Wrote:This is absolutely first-class work. I'll make every effort to play in this!

I can't offer Mr. Naiditsch anywhere to stay, but I'll buy him a pint.

I echo these sentiments entirely.
Hugh Brechin Wrote:
Graeme Kafka Wrote:This is absolutely first-class work. I'll make every effort to play in this!

Same.

And getting Naiditsch pissed might make him beatable by a mere mortal, so I think everyone should buy him a pint.

What impact will the sponsor have Jonathan; can you guarantee a big 1st prize?
As opposed to the mediocre £800 which is there at the moment? Tongue
I reckon a 2700 would be passing out long before his level dropped enough for any of the likes of us to have much of a chance.
Andrew McHarg Wrote:What impact will the sponsor have Jonathan; can you guarantee a big 1st prize?

Will have to wait and see on that one! It really depends on the number of entrants - there's a current cap of 100 which can be extended if there's sufficient interest. But the main aim for now is to try and get up to near that amount...
Jonathan, congratulations on the coup of getting Naiditsch to play.

I hope the tournament is a success.
Its too early for me to commit too as I'm not sure what I'm doing holiday-wise this year but if I'm available I will try to play. Sounds like its going to be well attended though! =)
Clement Sreeves Wrote:As opposed to the mediocre £800 which is there at the moment? Tongue

Didn't realise this was already on offer... nice! Big Grin
Andrew McHarg Wrote:
Hugh Brechin Wrote:

Same.

And getting Naiditsch pissed might make him beatable by a mere mortal, so I think everyone should buy him a pint.

What impact will the sponsor have Jonathan; can you guarantee a big 1st prize?

Guess I'll get him another pint as well. We might not be as good as him at chess but ideally we can out-drink him. =)
I want to be considered as a contender for out drinking GM Naiditsch. I will have the advantage and experience of trying to outdrink GM Sulskis at Prestwick. Maybe it should be renamed the Scottish chess blitzed championship.
I am shocked at you Robin. You know fine well we Ayrshire players pride ourselves in our temperance. This talk of partaking in a competition involving the demon drink will lead to dire consequences. I feel an egm of the ACA is called for and I shall be recommending you be stripped of your Honorary Presidency of Prestwick Chess Club!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11