Forums

Full Version: Mallorca and Hungary tournaments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

We've had a few overseas organisers in touch to let us know of events they have plans, first up:

Mallorca
'We are going to organize again the Chess Open in October, from 18th to 22th.

7 rounds, swiss system, with games of 90´+30´´

Prizes: 500€, 300€, 200€, 100€, 100€, 50€, 50€, 50€, 50€, 50€, and free accomodation for the first and second, to play the LLucmajor chess open 2018 in May.

Accomodation:
Hotel Bahamas ***
35€ Full board in double room, (Price per person)
45€ Full board in single room

You can see all details in :
http://www.winterchess.com/en/torneos/12...bases.html

We wish to give you greater publicity of the event and if possible with your presence in the tournament.

Greetings. WinterChess'

Hungary/Montenegro
Dear Chessfriends,

1.We have in Budapest GM-IM FIRST SATURDAY closed events: 2-12 Sept, 7-17 Oct, 4-14 Nov, 2-12 December, 3-13 Febr, 3-13 March, 7-17 April, 5-15 May – etc - For the 2-12 Sept GM-IM section now from the entry fees I can give DISCOUNTS. Who does wish to discuss that with me?       www.firstsaturday.hu

2.I send you this way  the best 10 combinations and 3 analysed games of the First Saturday Budapest AUGUST GM-IM event, pls see and publish them.  This is the work of Mr IM Dusan Jovanovic (SRB).  www.firstsaturday.hu/1708/games.htm

3.There is a GM-IM Budapest Chess Federation organized closed tournament in Budapest, from 18th until 27th August, in the Aranytíz cultural house. The GM section has 10 players, the ELO average is 2450, the GM-norm is 6 and a half points.www.bpchesstournament.hu

4.There will be a good Open tournament in Harkany, Hungary 250 km West from Budapest, 17-23 Nov. Good thermal bath, we go there with my wife every year for relaxaton and bathing. www.baranyasakk.hu

5.From 21st until 29th October there will start a GM-IM norm tournament series in DJENOVICI, Montenegro, 20 km from Herceg Novi. the dates: 21-29 Oct, 18-26 Nov, 16-24 Nov, etc.  www.thirdsaturday.wordpress.com

6.Some days ago we signed our contract with the BUDAPEST located Hotel BERLIN management. In 2018 year we will make our FIRST SATURDAY events in this hotel as well – pls circulate and publish this info.

7.The BUDAPEST SPRING FESTIVAL OPEN chess tournament will be conducted from 18th until 26th April 2018, minimally 13000 EURO prize found, like last year. I also take part in the organization. 

С уважением,
Nagy, Laszlo
FIDE International chess organizer, 
www.firstsaturday.hu
nagy-laszlo@mail.ru 
+36-30-230-1914

If I can be of any assistance to those contemplating overseas event please feel free to get in touch, Andy Burnett (CS International Director)
I have played in the Mallorca May tournament (same organisers, nice folks) three times. This is a really good value event with plenty of direct cheapish flights from Scottish airports. You could book a transfer from the airport to your hotel but alternatively you can just go outside the airport terminal and hop on the public number 21 bus that goes to Arenal playa and costs 5 euros single trip for the 25 minute journey. You don't have to stay in the "official" hotel but if you do you receive a discount on your entry fee. The Luna Park is a good value all inclusive option, 5-10 minutes walk from the venue. The glass surround playing hall on the marina is superb.
(23-08-2017, 03:47 PM)andyburnett Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

We've had a few overseas organisers in touch to let us know of events they have plans, first up:

Mallorca
'We are going to organize again the Chess Open in October, from 18th to 22th.

7 rounds, swiss system, with games of 90´+30´´

Prizes: 500€, 300€, 200€, 100€, 100€, 50€, 50€, 50€, 50€, 50€, and free accomodation for the first and second, to play the LLucmajor chess open 2018 in May.

Accomodation:
Hotel Bahamas ***
35€ Full board in double room, (Price per person)
45€ Full board in single room

You can see all details in :
http://www.winterchess.com/en/torneos/12...bases.html

We wish to give you greater publicity of the event and if possible with your presence in the tournament.

Greetings. WinterChess'

Hungary/Montenegro
Dear Chessfriends,

1.We have in Budapest GM-IM FIRST SATURDAY closed events: 2-12 Sept, 7-17 Oct, 4-14 Nov, 2-12 December, 3-13 Febr, 3-13 March, 7-17 April, 5-15 May – etc - For the 2-12 Sept GM-IM section now from the entry fees I can give DISCOUNTS. Who does wish to discuss that with me?       www.firstsaturday.hu

2.I send you this way  the best 10 combinations and 3 analysed games of the First Saturday Budapest AUGUST GM-IM event, pls see and publish them.  This is the work of Mr IM Dusan Jovanovic (SRB).  www.firstsaturday.hu/1708/games.htm

3.There is a GM-IM Budapest Chess Federation organized closed tournament in Budapest, from 18th until 27th August, in the Aranytíz cultural house. The GM section has 10 players, the ELO average is 2450, the GM-norm is 6 and a half points.www.bpchesstournament.hu

4.There will be a good Open tournament in Harkany, Hungary 250 km West from Budapest, 17-23 Nov. Good thermal bath, we go there with my wife every year for relaxaton and bathing. www.baranyasakk.hu

5.From 21st until 29th October there will start a GM-IM norm tournament series in DJENOVICI, Montenegro, 20 km from Herceg Novi. the dates: 21-29 Oct, 18-26 Nov, 16-24 Nov, etc.  www.thirdsaturday.wordpress.com

6.Some days ago we signed our contract with the BUDAPEST located Hotel BERLIN management. In 2018 year we will make our FIRST SATURDAY events in this hotel as well – pls circulate and publish this info.

7.The BUDAPEST SPRING FESTIVAL OPEN chess tournament will be conducted from 18th until 26th April 2018, minimally 13000 EURO prize found, like last year. I also take part in the organization. 

С уважением,
Nagy, Laszlo
FIDE International chess organizer, 
www.firstsaturday.hu
nagy-laszlo@mail.ru 
+36-30-230-1914

If I can be of any assistance to those contemplating overseas event please feel free to get in touch, Andy Burnett (CS International Director)

Great idea to highlight these ; wish I had more holidays.