Forums

Full Version: Congratulations Andy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Andy has achieved the FIDE Arbiter title. From the FIDE website.

From 5 to 9 December 2011 a FIDE Arbiters' Seminar was organized in London, England, by Chess in Schools and Communities and the Chess Arbiters' Association, in cooperation with the English Chess Federation and under the auspices of FIDE.

The venue of the Seminar was the Olympia Conference Centre, Kensington, London.

The Lecturers were IA Alex McFarlane (SCO), FIDE Lecturer, and IA David Sedgwick (ENG), FIDE Lecturer.

The lectures were in the English language.

Two (2) people from Scotland and Latvia participated in the Seminar and in the examination test held after the lectures. Both succeeded in the test and, as indicated below, they will be awarded a FA Norm or the FA Title (according to Art 3.10 of the Regulations for the Titles of Arbiters) after the approval of the next FIDE Presidential Board.

Andrew Howie SCO 2403986 FA Title
Vairis Kurpnieks LAT 11602074 FA Norm

IA Panagiotis Nikolopoulos
Chairman
FIDE Arbiters’ Commission
Well done, Andy. Congratulations.
Nice birthday present well done & Happy Birthday x
Well donw young Andy!!
As usual, Andy is doing sweet FA. Well done that man.
Well done indeed!

Quote:The Lecturers were IA Alex McFarlane (SCO), FIDE Lecturer, and IA David Sedgwick (ENG), FIDE Lecturer.

The lectures were in the English language.

So I guess David was doing the translation for Alex.
Well done Andy. =)
Amazingly our new FA had an off day at the Lothians Allegro, where I played 5 adult opponents. At one stroke he has silenced my claim that CS arbiters (and others, I played two juniors at Scarborough) conspire to pair me against Juniors.

For the record my play against adults was not great, but there was no munchkin pressure. Big Grin
Well done Andy, a just reward for all your hard work
Nice, congratulations Andy. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2