Forums

Full Version: Selection process Seniors Team Events 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I had hoped this would be posted several days ago but seems everyone was busy! Anyway...

There are two big team events on the Senior calendar in the spring of 2017 and those who would like to be considered for selection for Scotland should, in the first instance, contact me via abburnett@hotmail.com.

I plan to have teams selected by the 8th of January so closing date for selection is 1st January 2017.

Both events allow for multiple teams to be entered into competition, so don’t be out off if your rating is lower than what might be expected of international competition!

Details of the events can be found below and CS will endeavour to help with team registration fees/payment processes/etc where possible.

European Senior Team Chess Championship 2017

Novi Sad, Serbia

17 March – 25 March

(website unavailable at this point in time – updates as and when!)

World Senior Team Chess Championship 50+, 65+ 2017

Hersonissos, Crete, Greece

23 April – 3 May 2017

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fide.com/index.php?option=com_fidecalendar&view=fcalview&aid=1265">http://www.fide.com/index.php?option=co ... w&aid=1265</a><!-- m -->

If any players have questions or problems, please contact me at the e-mail address given above.

Many thanks,

Andy Burnett

CS International Director
A quick update on this...

Those wishing to play the World Senior Team Chess Championship in Crete still have a couple of days to contact me! Please do so via abburnett (at) hotmail.com.

I have been notified that the European Senior Team Chess Championship 2017 dates have been removed from the FIDE website. I will try to find out what this means, but as there was no website available anyway my best guess is that it will be re-arranged for later in the year, perhaps at a different venue. I will keep you all updated as and when I have more information.

Kind regards and a Happy New Year to all,

Andy Burnett