Forums

Full Version: Glasgow Schools League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am going to suggest 3 Dumbarton secondary schools enter. Who is the contact ?
Alex's document on starting a school club refers to Sam Collins, Hope St - this closed many years ago.
Hi Andrew

My school played in the league a few years ago when there were only a few schools from Glasgow and East Renfrewshire playing in it. I will try to get you the contact details of the teacher who was last involved with organising the league games.

Linda
I have decided to restart the tournament - we can get the old trophies and present to the winners. I think Hillhead High have the league trophy ( Raj Bhopal's brother).

The Glasgow Schools Chess League for 2016-17 will start in November 2016 and run through to April 2017 . It will be for teams of 6 players and will be played at the schools themselves. Any school wishing to enter should contact me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:andrew.muir@blueyonder.co.uk">andrew.muir@blueyonder.co.uk</a><!-- e --> by 31 October 2016.
Very good luck in this!

We need much more competitive chess available for the 12-16 year-olds, especially. If you have any school contacts or know any youngsters who might be willing to play, do please get behind Andy in this!
well done Andy
It is open to primary and secondary schools. If there are a very large number of entrants I will split into two but otherwise primary will play secondary schools and will beat them if they have a good chess teacher.
I will contact Bishopbriggs Academy & High School of Glasgow, both of whom have pupils attending Lenzie Chess Club
Hutchesons Grammar have now entered. Their former players included Michael Rosenberg.
Williamwood High have 50 pupils at their chess club.
The way its going I am going to get more entries than I did when I was Richardson controller (usual number was 9 for that )
Excellent!
Andy,

are you still taking entries ?

Is there a deadline looming up ?
Pages: 1 2 3