Forums

Full Version: Richardson, Spens, Nancy Elder and MacIssac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hi Ian, I sent you a photo of my copy of the team sheets at 11.24am this morning. Possibly it is in your spam folder?
got it Hamish thanks
Other results?
Most matches are being played on the 23rd I believe ( Edinburgh - Hamilton and Dundee - Edin West are for sure)
I've also accepted a postponement until the 30th of January to avoid a clash with the 4NCL
George Neave Wrote:
Adam Bremner Wrote:
hamish olson Wrote:Adam left after five minutes (and as many moves) so didn't know the details!)

It was 4 moves actually.

And the reason for swapping boards is because the team list rule wasn't being used despite it being agreed on and us wanting to do it. So because so many people could have been b1 for Dragons, and it's only ever me playing b1 for BA, seemed like the only reasonable way to level it up.

Will organiser explain why this new rule has not been implemened as was agreed?

Where is this team list rule within the Richardson Cup rules on the Chess Scotland website??
:-B
That's what is surprising - it is not! I don't have strong feelings either way I just thought it had been agreed on sometime last year.
hamish olson Wrote:That's what is surprising - it is not! I don't have strong feelings either way I just thought it had been agreed on sometime last year.
Last word I saw was:

Keith Rose Wrote:It's time to draw a line and move on. Today I sent the following in an email to the Richardson and Spens captains:

Quote:With the CS AGM due in a couple of weeks I will now prepare a new set of rules. I have given due deference to all the opinions offered and I thank everyone who contributed. I summarise below the main points but before that I will take this opportunity to advise that I will not be standing again for Home Director at the forthcoming AGM. I'm letting you know this now so you have some time to consider a replacement.

Principal points:

Richardson:

No significant changes other than:
- 30 mile restriction for bona fide qualification is removed;
- Team lists to be emailed to the Tournament Controller 24 hours prior to the start of a match

Spens:

I am making no changes other than amending the qualification rule for the Rosebowl.

There has been little discussion regarding the Spens and three detailed emails I received were all contradictory:
1. Scrap the Spens;
2. Allow hybrid teams, change K.O format to regional groups of teams;
3. Strictly club members, continue K.O., don't use regional groups.

I am also de-coupling the Richardson and Spens by removing mention of relegation from the Richardson and promotion from the Spens. This will mean that any team/club with the resources and desire to enter the Richardson can do so without having to qualify via the Spens final. This is because:

a. There is capacity for up to 16 teams in the Richardson but with only 8-10 entries in recent seasons there is little likelihood of having to restrict numbers;
b. The difference in team sizes could mean that qualifiers from the Spens might not have the means to accept promotion.
c. This could allow the two events to run with completely different and independent formats.
There may be some minor amendments to wording or layout.

I will pass to the incoming HD(O) my revisions but note that he/she will not be obliged to accept this. As I have had to point out on a few occasions “The Director of Home Chess shall have the power to alter or modify the foregoing rules in such manner as he/she may think necessary”.

If you have any thoughts about the above please contact the incoming HD.

Keith

Pehaps the current Home Director decided to ignore this but who knows as current HD also seems to prefers not to comment,
"Pehaps the current Home Director decided to ignore this but who knows as current HD also seems to prefers not to comment"

This is a bit harsh, he might be too busy just now and it's not like he's getting paid for his efforts - he's doing this for our sakes.
That said, I'm really not keen on this jamboree semi/final weekend thing.
Could we have a vote of the captains on it - I think a lot of teams will be in the same situation as we are in - a noticeable chunk of our team don't play weekend congresses because we don't have the time to give up a whole weekend and I believe it's the same with for example Hamilton and Polytechnic (and to a lesser extent Edinburgh West too).

This is one of the things the Richardson (and the SNCL) is strong on - people turn out for it because it's only one day.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11