Forums

Full Version: Richardson Cup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all
I have been reviewing the Richardson Cup and Spens cup and would like to implement the following:
A registration form should be filled out for all players intending to play in either the Richardson or Spens cup and sent to me. I intend to publish team lists on the Chess Scotland website , possibly on the forum
Bona Fide players should be registered in the grading list as being members of that club, or demonstrate either club membership or participation in a graded club championship or played for the club in a regional league although I will accept additional players who are registered with me up to one week before the tournament deadline, providing a reasonable explanation of club affiliation. After that players must be registered up to week before each round by sending an email to me, subject to my approval of bona fide membership.
These players should not be registered for the Richardson cup for any other club this year.
The 30 mile limit is scrubbed.
As both tournaments are FIDE rated it is essential that national affiliation is sorted out. If a player for example is a foreign national and wish to play they must be registered with their national chess body. Domestic (Scottish) players must be registered with the SCO affiliation with the chief grader.

If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know
Is it just the finals that are fide rated or what? I have lost track.
no I believe all the games are fide rated there will be a telephone number supplied to contact an arbiter should there be a need for one
Having had experience of being the arbiter on the end of the phone I can say that it is a most imperfect way of resolving any dispute as what was relayed over the phone resulted in a decision which would have been the exact opposite once the full circumstances became clear to me.
Its a bit impractical for Alex and me to be at all the venues
So the super arbiter capes not turned up yet?

Of course it's the only solution to the problem as it stands, I was just pointing out that my personal experience gave more problems than solutions.

Relying on what can be conveyed over a phone call can give a completely different impression to what actually happened.

I presume all venues therefore must have some means of landline capability as you wouldn't want to rely on mobile reception and battery charge, would you?
Mobiles at a FIDE event - tut tut
just to be clear on this CS will be implementing processes in the running of tournaments. For FIDE grading purposes a FIDE qualified arbiter must be available and in this case the FIDE arbiters will only be available by phone. My telephone will be available for all enquiries up until an actual dispute during match play in which case I am led to believe only a FIDE arbiter can intervene. This is the only way we can have FIDE tournaments unless we have a FIDE arbiter actually present which at the moment is totally impractical. I note the point about having mobile phones but we all have to work the best way we can. I plan to try and eliminate as much as possible all pre-match issues as possible including the publication of club teams and where possible post updates to the team registrations onto the forum. Karen Howie as membership secretary will be sending out invitations to member club secretaries for the various tournaments
just to be clear on this, I fail to see where anyone even implied you weren't the Home director or running the tournaments.

I was just pointing out a difficulty I had with a situation but agreed that this is the solution that is only possible, but I shall refrain from commenting at all on your tournaments, that you are running, as Home director, which is you, Mr Brownlee, sir. Just saying.
I'll go back to corner now and let my betters take over. :ymdevil:
Ianbrownlee Wrote:Hi all
I have been reviewing the Richardson Cup and Spens cup and would like to implement the following:
A registration form should be filled out for all players intending to play in either the Richardson or Spens cup and sent to me. I intend to publish team lists on the Chess Scotland website , possibly on the forum
Bona Fide players should be registered in the grading list as being members of that club, or demonstrate either club membership or participation in a graded club championship or played for the club in a regional league although I will accept additional players who are registered with me up to one week before the tournament deadline, providing a reasonable explanation of club affiliation. After that players must be registered up to week before each round by sending an email to me, subject to my approval of bona fide membership.
These players should not be registered for the Richardson cup for any other club this year.
The 30 mile limit is scrubbed.
As both tournaments are FIDE rated it is essential that national affiliation is sorted out. If a player for example is a foreign national and wish to play they must be registered with their national chess body. Domestic (Scottish) players must be registered with the SCO affiliation with the chief grader.

If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know
Pages: 1 2