Forums

Full Version: IJD post vacancy (and others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to the link on the front page, the junior international director post is vacant and there are no candidates? This means:

a) I have misinterpreted the document
b) We made it through the wormhole and are in a parallel universe

Thoughts?
Are you interested in standing Alan? Tongue

Hopefully there are interested people at the AGM. That's a lot of important vacancies otherwise, and nobody wants to see a reluctant director.
Ehhh no, Adam.

It's just very strange that for as long as I can remember there have been bitter wars for this post. Not only does nobody want it now, but I haven't even seen it advertised or mentioned anywhere on the forum.

I know that Andy Muir is not standing for international director - traditionally another somewhat popular post. Don't know about the others.
Home Director (Open)
No Candidate
Home Director (Junior)
No Candidate
International Director (Open)
No Candidate
International Director (Junior)
No Candidate
Schools Development Director
No Candidate

I seem to remember in previous years there also being a job description published for the posts, and unless I'm missing something, I can't find that this year. Might be worth putting this up in advance of the AGM so people can see if they would be able to take on the role?

Ken_Stewart

Job descriptions for the current posts used to exist but are now quite a bit out of date.
There is a plan to have job descriptions written for all the posts in the new constitution.
Home Director (Open)

I can't offer a formal job description but I can say what I discovered came within this remit:

Richardson, Spens and Campbell Rosebowl tournaments
Nancy Elder tournament
MacIsaac tournament
Team Lightning
East of Scotland Championship
West of Scotland Championship
Alex Gillies, Mark Sanger and I (Peter Smith) have been discussing this and are interested - in fact, we'd ideally like to progress as a team covering the IJD and Home junior roles between us. Our idea is that the intense logistical overhead can sometimes distract from making more "strategic" progress and that that might be best addressed by a small team focused on the whole (junior) picture.

Our "manifesto" is pretty simple with 3 key priorities:
1) Establish a simple, transparent, visible and objective selection mechanism
2) Build a coordinated Junior Development Programme to materially improve strength
3) Target Glorney 2017 explicitly - an ambitious, but exciting and we hope inspiring goal ; go to win.

The idea of really Going for Glorney was raised in another thread a few weeks ago and it was plain that it got a few juices flowing. Since then, various parents have highlighted that they too would be willing to get actively involved and support this sort of focused, deliberate and ambitious programme. Many of us feel this would be an exciting, fun and worthwhile way to go forward from here.
well said Peter and a great idea from all of you. if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know
A man with a plan - I like it!

If you wish, (and assuming you get the gig) mark me down as an assistant to the "dream team".
PeterReidSmith Wrote:Alex Gillies, Mark Sanger and I (Peter Smith) have been discussing this and are interested - in fact, we'd ideally like to progress as a team covering the IJD and Home junior roles between us. Our idea is that the intense logistical overhead can sometimes distract from making more "strategic" progress and that that might be best addressed by a small team focused on the whole (junior) picture.

Our "manifesto" is pretty simple with 3 key priorities:
1) Establish a simple, transparent, visible and objective selection mechanism
2) Build a coordinated Junior Development Programme to materially improve strength
3) Target Glorney 2017 explicitly - an ambitious, but exciting and we hope inspiring goal ; go to win.

The idea of really Going for Glorney was raised in another thread a few weeks ago and it was plain that it got a few juices flowing. Since then, various parents have highlighted that they too would be willing to get actively involved and support this sort of focused, deliberate and ambitious programme. Many of us feel this would be an exciting, fun and worthwhile way to go forward from here.

Well said Peter - you certainly get my vote!!! Smile
Pages: 1 2