Forums

Full Version: Disgraceful Behaviour at SNCL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Folks, I have been proud to be in charge of SNCL since 1997 - until today!!

We have an excellent relationship with our venue and the staff have always commented on how much they enjoy being with us, especially Karen who looks after us so well in our café. She frequently volunteers to come in when she's not officially on shift as she knows exactly what we like. She works very hard (on her own for 10+ hours) ensuring we have plenty water, food, rubbish bins and even helps us to gather up chess equipment and clear away all the rubbish etc you still insist on leaving behind on the tables and floor!

Today I was horrified to learn that some of our juniors (I do know who you are but I will not name and shame) thought it was acceptable to be cheeky to Karen and refuse to dispose of their rubbish. The rubbish did belong to them but even if it hadn't what was the harm in gathering it up and putting it into a bin? After their verbal outburst they ran away from her and disappeared out of the building.
I also discovered these same boys had earlier been swinging on the coat rack. When the venue manager asked them to stop he also received a cheeky outburst followed by remarks decrying how well the cleaners do their job.
I expect these boys to apologise when they next see the staff. There is no excuse for their bad manners.

There was also an incident where the manager and another member of staff came up to me and stated that there was someone drinking alcohol on the premises. They were naturally very angry about this and wanted me to take action. At first I stated they must be wrong as no one in SNCL would do such a thing. However, they pointed the gentleman out to me and they were correct. Luckily the management were willing to leave it, on this occasion, for me to deal with.
I take this opportunity to state to you all that under no circumstances will alcohol be permitted on SNCL premises. If you feel it is necessary to have a drink at lunchtime, make sure you are still sober or don't bother coming back to the venue (any venue we are in, not just the Glen). I will phone the police and have someone removed if necessary.
We do not have an alcoholic licence and we also have children and vulnerable adults present.

I'm sure the vast majority of SNCL members share my utter disappointment in the above people and understand my embarrassment in having to write a formal letter of apology to the venue.

I sincerely trust that this will be the first and last time I ever have to do so.

Glynis.
I wasn't at the SNCL today but would someone be kind enough to publish the results please?
Glynis,

If it was Lenzie boys involved please PM me with the names and I'll investigate.

I wasn't there today but sent along a parent helper who also had to play poor chap.

I have to say their behaviour is usually good.

Regards,
Harry
For goodness sake Robin!!

Andy only left the building at approximately 7.45pm -- you haven't even given him time to get home, have something to eat and spend some valuable time with his family.

My team give up a whole day (at least starting at 7am) to ensure you all have an excellent day out and that Scotland has a well run National tournament we can be proud of.

Have some consideration for others.

Perfect end to the day we have had. Why do we bother??

Glynis (yes I am very annoyed with you Robin)
Glynis,

Your efforts are very much appreciated, not only by me but by all Scottish chess players.

Best Regards

Robin.
Hi Harry,

As stated I know the boys and they know who I am talking about. I think I said everything that was necessary in my post and will expect them to 'do the right thing' next time they are at SNCL.

Karen was shocked and upset they treated her in this way as she stated ' They've always been so well mannered when they come up to the counter for anything. I couldn't understand why they did that to me'

Glynis
Sorry to hear this - we're all grateful for the efforts put in to ensure the tournament runs as smoothly as it does!

Robin - the results have actually been up on the SNCL website for a while. Think Andy does them as they come in, more or less.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chessscotland.com/event2015/SNCL_Division_1.html">http://www.chessscotland.com/event2015/ ... ion_1.html</a><!-- m -->

Hugh,

Sorry, I guess the leagues are being updated as soon as possible.

Robin.
Sorry Robin, but you are being a bloody nuisance as usual.

Why not try the SNCL website for results? I was able to see the following at the back of 10 pm last night.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://snclchess.co.uk/division-1-results/">http://snclchess.co.uk/division-1-results/</a><!-- m -->

Even better, if the results are so important to you, get off your backside and turn out as the fifth board for your precious Greenwood.
The results were updated on the SNCL website before I left the venue... Links were posted here on the NB
Pages: 1 2