Forums

Full Version: Riding Talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Chess expert Michael Riding will be doing a presentation at Paisley Chess Club on Wednesday 28th January. Michael will be using the demo board to go over a few highlights from his chess career which will include games against some of the more famous names in British chess.

The evening will start at 7.15pm and should last around two hours. Entry to this event is free. Please pass on this message to your friends.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.paisleychessclub.org.uk">www.paisleychessclub.org.uk</a><!-- w -->
Well done Roland, Paisley seems to be a pro-active and openly friendly club to outsiders. Is a good time to be a chess player in the area surely.
Thanks for the support Jonathan. We hope to have more events like this in the future if there is enough interest. They are a good chance to meet new people and learn a bit of chess.
Just a reminder about the above event. Michael will present games from his youth against players such as Dunnington, Summerscale and Howells. Michael sent me the following message today.

"Games are not perfect but I promise you they are wild."

" I have brought 2 books to present to people who make best contribution on night. Periodically will stop and ask "What should I have done and what did I do ? "
ok for me to come along at short notice where's the venue if I can make it
I'm sure it will be

Ralston Bowling Club
Allanton Avenue
Paisley
Apologies Ian I just assumed people would either know where Paisley Chess Club was or be able to use the web address given to find it. My mistake, you live and learn.
Despite a low attendance possibly due to the snow the evening went well and those that came were keen for something similar to happen again in the future.
sorry Robin, I've been there before and intended on making it but the weather was awful through here and decided to stay at home. Please let me know if there any other lectures and I'll certainly attend them
I certainly will Ian anyway I'm away to find Batman.
Robin ??
OOPS SORRY I WAS TIRED WHEN I WROTE IT
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Pages: 1 2