30 May 1836, Lonend, Abbey Parish, Paisley - 12 April 1907, Clincarthill, Rutherglen
- Member of Glasgow Chess Club, and sometimes President and Treasurer.
- Glasgow CC champion 1884, 1885 and 1902.
- On Glasgow CCs winning Richardson Cup team of 1900, 1902, 1903.
- Played in many Scottish championships: 3rd in 1886 with 8½/11; 2nd in 1889 with 7½/10; 2nd in 1891.
- West of Scotland champion on several occasions.
- Helped organise the first Scottish Chess Association Correspondence Chess Tournament. It began January 1885 and lasted two and a half years, being played on a knockout system.
- Father of Miss Mary Dinorah Glichrist, Scottish Ladies' Champion 1921/22/23 and 1938, and British Ladies' Champion 1929 and 1934.
ScotlandsPeople web site
Unpublished history of Glasgow Chess Club.
Historian, Chess Scotland
Updated - 23/01/2019