Chess Scotland policy on Child Protection
Storage and Disposal of Documents - January 2004
POLICY ON THE STORAGE AND DISPOSAL OF DOCUMENTS
In accordance with the Scottish Executive Code of Practice, for registered
persons and other recipients of Disclosure Information, Chess Scotland
will ensure the following practice.
- Disclosures will only be requested when necessary and relevant
to a particular post and the information provided on a disclosure certificate
will only be used for recruitment purposes.
- Chess Scotland will ensure that an individual's consent is given
before seeking a disclosure, and will seek their consent before using
disclosure information for any purpose other than recruitment.
- Disclosure information will only be shared with those authorised
to see it in the course of their duties.
- Where additional disclosure information is provided to Chess
Scotland and not to the disclosure applicant, Chess Scotland will not
disclose this information to the applicant, but will inform them of
the fact that additional information has been provided, should this
information affect the recruitment decision.
- Disclosure information will be stored in a locked non-portable
container, for a maximum of 6 months. Only those authorised to see this
information in the course of their duties will have access to this container.
- Disclosure information will be destroyed by shredding.
- No image or photocopy of the disclosure information will be
made, however the following details will be retained:-
Chess Scotland will ensure that all staff with access to disclosure
information are aware of this policy and have received relevant training
Chess Scotland undertake to make a copy of this policy available
to any applicant for a post with the Chess Scotland that requires a
- Date of issue of disclosure
- Name of subject
- Disclosure type
- Position for which disclosure was requested
- Unique reference number of disclosure
- Recruitment decision taken.
Back to List of Policy Documents
Back to Home Page