Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U16 Olympiad
What are the usual rules on board order for FIDE team events? I see that Syria played Russia in reverse grading order, winning on board 4.

Have we missed a trick here?
It just goes to show that if we have the proper team on board we will get results. Take Ali for example. She employs a professional dietician that advises her to skip breakfast and only eat bread, butter, dry weetabix and margarita pizza exclusively and shun rotten things like fruit and vegetables. She is also advised to sleep at least 16 hours a day. This is obviously the type of in depth professional approach that is required if you want to duff up 2000+ players in European competitions. We need to move away from that diddy Moore's efforts at physical exercises, three balanced meals a day, in-depth coaching and time to swim and relax. The shares in Weetabix have just gone up 5%.

Robin.
Mike Scott Wrote:What are the usual rules on board order for FIDE team events? I see that Syria played Russia in reverse grading order, winning on board 4.

Have we missed a trick here?

I can't speak for every tournament, but at the European Club Cup the rule was that you could go with any order as long as you kept it all tournament, which resulted in some fairly eccentric teams. I believe there was a Turkish team with FMs on boards 1 and 6, with nobody above 2100odd in between. SOCAR originally listed Mamedyarov on board 6, which might have been quite funny, but they boringly played him on board 2.

Tough opening fixture - good result for Ali. I'm sure that the benefits of your regime are just sinking in, Robin.
Leaving the chess aside (maybe Mike can answer this one): does Shivan have relatives in the area affected by the earthquake? If so, I hope they are OK, and that he can concentrate on his games.
Very nice win by Andrew this morning, lovely queen sac!

Draw for Ali 1.5 - 0.5 Sams Game is incredible Big Grin
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I'm hoping that Sam's result is up incorrectly as it is a total win for white!.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Certainly a white win, must be an error.

On a personal note, did you get my e-mail?
Now says it's a win for black!!!

Also shows a win for Shivan, when it looked to me a likely loss.
Tough game this afternoon

8 18 Scotland 3½ - 3½ Czech Republic 7
Andrew's game looks as though it looks like it's going to be who gets the boot in first. That d5 move Sam's opponent has just played looks threatening. Shivan has transposed into a maroczy bind dragon setup and he looks ok. Ali looks to be doing best of all, noticed some stuff has been chopped off since I started writing as I was about to say that Ali's knight could be heading for d6, and the only way to stop it looks like f5 for black but that would leave him with a really bad bishop. She looks ok now anyway.