Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chess Coach Required for School Chess Club
I have been fortunate enough to obtain funding for an experienced chess coach to work with my school chess club. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in taking this role on? It would involve working with a group of pupils who have some knowledge of chess and are keen to improve their game. The coaching sessions would be for an hour after school, probably on a Wednesday between 3 – 4pm, although this in negotiable.

If anyone is interested would you please send me a personal message or e-mail me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:lmccusker@smithycroft-sec.glasgow.sch.uk">lmccusker@smithycroft-sec.glasgow.sch.uk</a><!-- e -->

Oops forgot to mention that my school is Smithycroft Secondary School which is in Riddrie, Glasgow =)
Just wanted to say a big thank you to all who responded to my request for a coach for our school chess club. We now have two excellent coaches in place and my pupils are progressing rapidly. It's great to hear them all talking about forks and pins and skewers and so on. The only problem is now that I am going to have to swot up on all of this myself to keep up with my pupils!!! Wink