Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Chess Festival
thanks Andy Smile

yeah Ned was so dissatisfied with modern technology he (allegedly) took a hammer to it, i felt the same yesterday, so am not losing the thread, just my patience Smile
D-Oswald Wrote:Apologies for any difficulties with following the event - its been very hard work keeping everything ticking over. Massive thanks to Andy Howie and David Archibald for all their good work so far.

I know that Andy Howie is doing a massive amount of work over the holiday period - probably 12 hour days 9 times out of 10 with today as the only rest today. There will of course be others in the background working for the good of the tournament

Why don't we all note our appreciation of the work they are doing rather than sit back and read the notice board without commenting.
I was impressed with the venue and the set-up for the festival when I visited it on Monday for my MacIsaac game.
The arbiter has to double up as door-keeper because of the door entry buzzer.
I was there in the morning while the Plate was in progress and witnessed a stalemate, which doesn't happen very often.
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine
Slight delay today. Managed to switch the board off by mistake...
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I am having major problems with FTP today. Cannot get any access to Chess Scotland

Please use this link for round 8. I am uploading manually

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.aekphotography.co.uk//livechess/Round8/tfd.htm">http://www.aekphotography.co.uk//livech ... d8/tfd.htm</a><!-- m -->
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
seems alright now Andy
Still have no ftp access. Without it I can't upload the games. Please continue to use the link above
On holiday at the moment. Will investigate the FTP issue when I get home tomorrow.