Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tournament on Sat 30th Nov 2013
Doesn't seem to be advertised on the CS site.
Lenzie Chess Academy are holding an event at Bishopbriggs Academy (G64 1HZ)
between 10.30am - 4pm in three categories, namely u1200, u600 & u300 open to any junior aged 8 or over but under 16 on Dec 31st and obviously graded below 1200. Entry fee is £5 with minimum of 5 rounds and 25mins per player per round. Entries to Harry Marron (harry.marron"at"ntlworld.com) by Friday 29th.
All,

As I understand it this is the first junior event of its kind organised and hosted by Lenzie Chess Academy.
It would good if parents could support it to make it a success.

Briefly
3 sections U300 U600 U1200 based upon start of season grade.
Grading data will be re-routed via Chess Scotland and influence main list grades.
Have added to the new Lothian Junior Chess website see:-
http://www.lothianjuniorchess.org.uk/ind...individual
Should have mentioned that SJC have authorised this event to be a Chess for Kicks qualifier.
The national final of which will take place in the summer at a major football stadium - so I am informed.
Mike Scott Wrote:Have added to the new Lothian Junior Chess website see:-
http://www.lothianjuniorchess.org.uk/ind...individual

Mike,
our postings must have crossed in cyberspace. Thanks on behalf of organiser(s) for the publicity.
Hope a few make it over from the Edinburgh area on Saturday.
Thanks Mike and Phil for the plug and to Ronnie for starting the thread. I'll try and post a link to the entry form but this may be a technical stretch too far for me. Personalised certificate for everyone who takes part and cash prizes for the best performances. Incidentally, I've already received a number of entries from the Edinburgh area, which is brilliant.
Glad to be of service. Hope it goes well and Lothian players win all your prizes!
Harry,
Good luck with the tournament tomorrow.

You might get a few extra entries today. It was plugged again yesterday at the end of the Lanarkshire Primary Schools event (188 played).

Hope they don't all turn up on the day =o
OMG! Just finished the hardest day's work I've done in years and I didn't even get paid for it! So much more rewarding than anything I've done in my big job recently and I'm hugely satisfied, sitting on my sofa with a large glass of red. What a buzz!!! Big thank you to Michael Hanley, Andy McQueen, Trevor Davies and Derek McAteer for keeping me from totally keeling over! Also to those of you who travelled distance from East Coast and Ayrshire to play - much appreciated. Today seemed like a seriously strong competition and I'll be very interested to see the performance gradings. More importantly I hope everyone feels like a winner, kids as well as volunteers. Phew!
Congratulations Harry I heard that the tournamant was a huge success and thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. Hopefully we will be able to manage along to your next one - although you probably don't want to think about that just now!! Tongue