Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any plans for the live boards at Edinburgh?
?
Nah, given up doing it.

Might want to take a look at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chessscotland.com/livegames/Edinburgh2013/r1/tfd.htm">http://www.chessscotland.com/livegames/ ... r1/tfd.htm</a><!-- m -->

It will be a bit flakey as I have had to completely reprogram all the boards back to where they were a year ago so please bear with me as I strive to get them going properly again
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I should have said. Board 4 is not connected, I forgot to move it back to Channel 15...

Board 7 seems to be taking the Huff. I will have strong words with it later on
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:I should have said. Board 4 is not connected, I forgot to move it back to Channel 15...

That'll be that Dave Oswald pulling the wires out so we don't all see his latest opening preparation :\
Andy Howie Wrote:I should have said. Board 4 is not connected, I forgot to move it back to Channel 15...

LOL, careful you don't upset it even more Andy...
Thats what I get for trying to fix something on the fly...
My game versus Gabriel Petesch from this afternoon isn't showing up and I have lost my scoresheet Sad Won't be able to sleep tonight if I don't analyse it!

Could whoever has the scoresheets for inputting possibly post this one to me once they are finished with it? I'll obviously pay postage Smile My scoresheet is the (legible!) one with times beside every move (OCD or a useful thing to note?)

Great congress - really enjoyed it, thanks Smile
Andy Burnett
Yea battery pack failed on me. DGT are looking at the logs this morning to work out how we can put the new upgrades on that will see a vast improvement.
Looked to be a really good event. Was that Calum McQueen's second GM scalp? 8)

Just a thought for the future Andy: perhaps it'd be a good idea to create a Chess Scotland manual for setting up and using the live boards at events? These things are only going to become more widely used and I know you are looking to train others on using them.
Hard luck Andy, sure went down fighting. Is it just me or are the pieces on the sensory sets a little bit less clearly defined. I had a moment of confusion at one point looking at this game when not only did Andy’s opponent seem to have suddenly obtained a huge pawn centre from nowhere but Andy also seemed to me to be pieces down. It then got worse as Andy leaned over to his eighth rank and moved what I'd thought was his opponent’s rook - this would be carrying street fighting too far, so then I realized it was a black rook, and a black d-pawn in between two white ones. I haven’t actually played on the sensory boards (yes. and who's fault is that, eh Smile ) and it could partly be due to standing at the side, but I’ve noticed before that I find it a bit harder to pick up on games on these boards where the W and B pieces are mixed up together.