Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resignation of acting IJD
In response to Mr Thomas;

1] i did not accuse Mr Thomas of lying

2] what membership does Mr Thomas refer to? Chess Scotland? if so then perhaps Mr Thomas has forgotten he is not a member so the phrase membership is irrelevant.

3] if the post was deleted why does Mr Thomas have or need a copy?

4] it was Mr Thomas who accused me of prejudging this situation and instructed me to withdraw my comments in the interests of "natural justice" yet will not withdraw this statement when faced with the truth that i had no idea of any complaint or Standards Committee involvement(actual of percieved).

I fully expect that Mr Thomas will retract his unfair and inacurate slur on me.
I also expect a more reasoned debate on a serious issue.
Just for once is it possible to play nice?

As this appears to be developing into a discussion of a case as mentioned by Robin that is going to the Standards Committee, I think we need to nip this in the bud.

If contacting me about this chances are you will not get a reply tonight as I am about to get home and go to bed while breathing is still a voluntary function
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Given that many people will want to hear what Robin has had to say on his resignation, the below is a statement that I am posting on his behalf. That's all that needs to be said for the moment. Please refrain from further posts on this issue until the investigation has been completed.

Quote:I have been quite taken aback by the amount of messages of support I have received from all areas of the country and from other parts of the UK. The support I received while in the role by virtually everyone was wonderful. Sadly it wasn't unanimous. A complaint has been made about me that has still to be resolved. I felt I had no option other than to resign.

Robin Moore