Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resignation of acting IJD
i have read the partly censored post that Robin Moore has resigned as acting IJD. I feel that this is a great shame as I know Robin put a lot of effort into the job. His endeavors and personal sacrifice were not always appreciated and i guess Robin did not apreciate the huge political issues surrounding junior chess. If Robin does not return to the post then it will be a loss. He had to work within existing restrictive practices and despite that I feel that he did a good job. I hope that the people who obstructed Robin will examine their motives and perhaps they may wish to throw their full support behind Paul MacDonald. The main aim is to support and further junior chess in Scotland, i feel that this aim has been overlooked by some in their efforts to oust Robin.
Patrick McGovern Wrote:i have read the partly censored post that Robin Moore has resigned as acting IJD. I feel that this is a great shame as I know Robin put a lot of effort into the job. His endeavors and personal sacrifice were not always appreciated and i guess Robin did not apreciate the huge political issues surrounding junior chess. If Robin does not return to the post then it will be a loss. He had to work within existing restrictive practices and despite that I feel that he did a good job. I hope that the people who obstructed Robin will examine their motives and perhaps they may wish to throw their full support behind Paul MacDonald. The main aim is to support and further junior chess in Scotland, i feel that this aim has been overlooked by some in their efforts to oust Robin.

Pat,
As Robin stated in his largely deleted post the matter is going to the standards committee. In your final sentence it is clear that you have prejudged the issues.

There was too much of this kind of attitude last year with the previously constituted set up of the standards committee. In the interests of natural justice please withdraw your posting and declare a conflict of interests when the case reaches the standards committee.
Phil Thomas wrote:

'... The matter is going to the Standards Committee.' ' ... When the case reaches the Standards Committee...'

That is not what I understood Robin to say. I shall watch developments with interest. Solely from the standpoint of the procedures applied, let me add.
Guys

Please note that the specifics of any investigation should not be discussed on the forum until the investigation has concluded.

I hope you'll agree that this is the correct approach.

Regards
Andrew
Andrew

I agree 100%. But, I am not talking specifics - only indicating there is confusion and misunderstanding. Which is exactly why it is inappropriate to discuss live cases.
Sure George, that's fine. The last thing the forum needs is speculation as to what has or hasn't happened. It's only fair and right that a full and thorough investigation is allowed to conclude.
This all seems very unfortunate, whatever the outcome of the complaint, as it is surely not good for junior chess. One would hope that the standards committee are able to come to a conclusion without too much of a delay - though I am sure they have better things to get with at this time of year!
Firstly, may I offer my thanks to Robin for all the work he has done on behalf of junior chess. Junior chess is an emotive issue and there will always be diagreements about aspects of it, notably selection. However, you have to give a (new) Director some licence to get on with it. By all means make suggestions via PM or E-mail, but public altercations and a revolving conveyor belt of Junior Directors isn't in the juniors' best interests.
Quote:Pat,
As Robin stated in his largely deleted post the matter is going to the standards committee. In your final sentence it is clear that you have prejudged the issues.

There was too much of this kind of attitude last year with the previously constituted set up of the standards committee. In the interests of natural justice please withdraw your posting and declare a conflict of interests when the case reaches the standards committee

In answer to Mr Thomas, in re reading the post in which Robin intimates his resignation, there is no note of complaint/standards committee. i am unaware of any complaint, i have checked with my communicatons re standards committee and no complaint has been recieved. I have no communication from Robin at all ergo i was and am still unaware of any complaint or the content of any complaint.
So i will expect from Mr Thomas a retraction of his statement.
Patrick McGovern Wrote:
Quote:Pat,

There was too much of this kind of attitude last year with the previously constituted set up of the standards committee. In the interests of natural justice please withdraw your posting and declare a conflict of interests when the case reaches the standards committee

In answer to Mr Thomas, in re reading the post in which Robin intimates his resignation, there is no note of complaint/standards committee. i am unaware of any complaint, i have checked with my communicatons re standards committee and no complaint has been recieved. I have no communication from Robin at all ergo i was and am still unaware of any complaint or the content of any complaint.
So i will expect from Mr Thomas a retraction of his statement.

Pat,
the reason you do not find a reference to the standards committee is that this was contained within the part of the posting that was deleted by Andy McHarg. Unfortunately for the moderators of this noticeboard you have publically accused me of lying to the membership and the best defense available to me is to reproduce the missing words in full. You will find the deleted section at the end of this mail.

Please note the key phrase "serious enough to place before the Standards Committee". This phrasing does not explicitly state that the case has already reached the standards committee.

If it turns out that I was wrong to state that the standards committee are getting involved then my source material was wrong. In which case I suggest you contact the author of that material privately.

****************Robin's Resignation *************************************

[CONTENT REMOVED - Do not re-post content which a moderator has deleted]