Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Selection Issue
Quote:Perhaps the clue lies in the fact that he identifies himself as an Agent Provocateur in his mid-70's, whose interest is 'provoking complacent idiots'.

A good description of Chris Laidlaw/Hampton who is happy posting complete guff as a rather strange hobby to see what reaction his postings provoke.
Mind you, maybe he is happy to be used as a stooge to post on here by someone he has been led to believe is a "friend". A "friend" who hasn't the guts to post on here himself but is happy to use and manipulate anyone to try and disrupt, unsettle and hopefully unseat the present IJD and selection board.

I am involved in a wee junior event in Slovenia at the moment and could really do without this type of complete nonsense being allowed to be posted on here.

Robin.
Or maybe the person has been advised not to post here so the complaint can be dealt with?

I did ask people to wait until you were back from Slovenia to give you a chance to respond but as you now have then I retract my previous statement but do so giving a warning that the rules of the forum must be followed. We will act swiftly should we have a repeat of the pre agm thread.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Therein lies the problem Andy, the complaint has been dealt with ;|
Pat, Chris has muddied the waters. I am referring to the initial post not the post where the Standards committee report. I might have to split this thread to avoid more confusion
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
There was one complaint re selector. This has been dealt with.
I agree that to de-personalise it neither Robin nor the complainant should post. I know that certain people's issues have been hijacked by Mr Hampton/Laidlaw. The sooner this thread is ended the better as there has been mischief making, not constructive useful debate. People have been used by Mr Hampton/Laidlaw for his own ends, what they are I'm not sure. It seems they are not for the benefit of the juniors currently in action in Maribor or for any of the hard working parents, supporters and volunteers involved with the juniors.
robin moore Wrote:
Quote:Perhaps the clue lies in the fact that he identifies himself as an Agent Provocateur in his mid-70's, whose interest is 'provoking complacent idiots'.

A good description of Chris Laidlaw/Hampton who is happy posting complete guff as a rather strange hobby to see what reaction his postings provoke.
Mind you, maybe he is happy to be used as a stooge to post on here by someone he has been led to believe is a "friend". A "friend" who hasn't the guts to post on here himself but is happy to use and manipulate anyone to try and disrupt, unsettle and hopefully unseat the present IJD and selection board.

I am involved in a wee junior event in Slovenia at the moment and could really do without this type of complete nonsense being allowed to be posted on here.

Robin.

Robin,

Correction (1) I have not asked Chris to post for me. His posting causes me much embarassment and those in the know in this country are aware of this fact.

Correction (2) I do have the guts to post on this notice board.

Correction (3) I decided not to renew my membership of Chess Scotland on September 1st 2012. This means that I am not active role Chess Scotland matters and it appears unlikely to do any voluntary work for Chess Scotland in the foreseeable future

For the information of the new standards chairman of the standards committe I choose not to use your posting as the basis of a complaint to them. If there are further libellous postings of this nature I may not be so placid. If so I would follow correct protocol and not reply on the notice board

For the two moderators of the forum. I request that you do not remove Robin's post.
It is not out of character.
I have corrected the factual inaccuracies myslef
It does no harm to myself or to my family we are used to far worse in private e mails
Phil,

I know it's not you.

Robin
Sorry, just to expand for clarity....

I know 100% that the originator is not Phil Thomas (or Jacqui). I never suggested it was so please everyone be totally clear on this.

Hope that's ok Phil.

Robin.
Quote:For the information of the new standards chairman of the standards committe I choose not to use your posting as the basis of a complaint to them

He has not posted, however if you mean me Phil them I'm puzzled by your comments. Firstly my opinion is my personal opinion not that of a member of the standards committee. Secondly I have not said anything libellous, if you feel that they are then I unreservedly apologise as it was never my intention to do so. Thirdly if anything I have empathy for you in that i feel your situation has been hijacked by another to suit their own (unknown) ends. I agree with you in that the postings should remain so that clarity is there for all to see.
I've locked the topic. I feel that it is on the verge of getting out of control. All should go to private emails to discuss things further before people start jumping to conclusions here.

Andy please advise if you disagree.