Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U16 Olympiad Istanbul
Linda McCusker Wrote:
robin moore Wrote:We feel we can compete wıth most of the teams here wıth the exceptıon of the really top ones,

Robın.

We can compete with any of these teams................but hey, we probably wouldn't win against Russia and co but as Andrew would say..................bring it on ;P

Playing Malaysia tomorrow.

I have to disagree slightly. Who says that we can't beat Russia? At the end of the day if you play the board and not the reputation or grade anything can happen. As I said to my higher graded opponent last night. My grade is a random four digit number that starts with a 1...
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Yes comrade but mıne ıs a random 4 dıgıt number that starts wıth 24,

Igor Russky.

We slept rıght through tıll nearly ten o clock thıs mornıng and nearly mıssed our breakfasts. Don`t worry mums everythıng ok! I thınk the travellıng and games just caught up wıth us. It's Malaysıa today and the guys are all lookıng forward to ıt. The one round days gıve you a chance to rest and prepare properly whereas the two round ones are a bıt of a rush to say the least. Had to get down on my hands and knees ın front of everyone at the venue to apologıse to those charmıng beautıful ladıes Joy and Heather ( Rosıe next),

Robın snıvellıng crawler Moore.
Andy Howie Wrote:
Linda McCusker Wrote:
robin moore Wrote:We feel we can compete wıth most of the teams here wıth the exceptıon of the really top ones,

Robın.

We can compete with any of these teams................but hey, we probably wouldn't win against Russia and co but as Andrew would say..................bring it on ;P

Playing Malaysia tomorrow.

I have to disagree slightly. Who says that we can't beat Russia? At the end of the day if you play the board and not the reputation or grade anything can happen. As I said to my higher graded opponent last night. My grade is a random four digit number that starts with a 1...

I think our team would love to come up against the Russians and let's face it juniors never seem to be intimidated by higher graded players anyway =)
Linda McCusker Wrote:I think our team would love to come up against the Russians

Knowing all of our juniors taking part, I think the only disappointment would be that one of them would have to miss out. I think they'd all like a go at the Russians or any of the "top" teams. It's a huge incentive for the games today and tomorrow.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->
robin moore Wrote:Had to get down on my hands and knees ın front of everyone at the venue to apologıse to those charmıng beautıful ladıes Joy and Heather ( Rosıe next),

Robın snıvellıng crawler Moore.

Pics or it did not happen Big Grin
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
David G Congalton Wrote:
Linda McCusker Wrote:I think our team would love to come up against the Russians

Knowing all of our juniors taking part, I think the only disappointment would be that one of them would have to miss out. I think they'd all like a go at the Russians or any of the "top" teams. It's a huge incentive for the games today and tomorrow.

Totally agree =)
Is anyone else having issues with the Live Boards?

They seem to have frozen on my screen! :\
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
A bad day at the office. Ian was nearly an hour behind on the clock when he reached the 30 second Fischer time control in a bad position. The end followed shortly afterwards. Murad was in a better position but his opponent regrouped and won in a tricky endgame which we are looking at right now. Andrew made a poor move when pushing to try and force matters and his opponent took full advantage of his mistake. Daniel's position was ok until space became a bit tight and his opponent found a nice tactic which led to him controlling the position. So it's 0-4 today but we will live to fight tomorrow,

Robin
Quote:It's just that all of you chess guys are so facinating "

mmmmmmm, keep taking the medication Linda and take off the rose coloured spectacles. Big Grin
A mıxed bag today. In the mornıng we lost to Australıa B 1-3. Zak and Andrew blundered a pıece but Danıel found a nıce tactıc to wın one. Ian had the better posıtıon agaınst hıs 2100 odd opponent but agaın short of tıme couldn't fınısh hım off. Hıs opponent managed to swap everythıng off ınto a better pawn endgame whıch he duly converted. In the afternoon we beat Iraq 3-1. Murad caught hıs opponent ın an openıng trap and was two pıeces up, goıng three when hıs opponent crıed enough. Andrew won a pıece wıth a tactıc and went ınto the endgame wıth a bıshop and sıx pawns v sıx pawns and ın no danger..errm he almost gave away the full poınt as he took the wın for granted playıng lıke lıghtnıng. Danıel had chances but got caught by hıs very young opponent. Zak sacced a bıshop on h2 then pıled queen, knıght, bıshop and rook ın behınd ıt. A really nıce wın. So we have stopped the rot for now I'm very glad to say, a rest day tomorrow then ınto actıon agaın wıth two rounds on Monday,

Robın.