Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European Youth
George,

If you switch to the u8,u10,u12,u14 link at the top right of the board you can follow Anna Milton's game too. Anna doing fine so far against such a strong opponent. I hope Ali's opponent isn't in a hurry for her dinner!
Got it! So much for my 'sight of the Board' as some GM or other once said: Euwe maybe?
Grrr I can´t get through our firewall to watch it
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:Grrr I can´t get through our firewall to watch it

Phail? :U
I will persevere!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy,

How are you enjoying chess on the radio?

Calum MacQueen (Anna's coach) has obviously been working with Anna on trying to keep her pieces on open more aggressive squares. Last year at the Euroyouth I am pretty sure she would not have played 9.d5 or 13 Bh3. Not saying they are the best moves but previously she would have been quite happy just to sit there and develop slowly until eventually being squeezed out by her opponent.
Anna was doing fine, but her game seems to have frozen after her 15th move. Been there for ages...

Ali's is OK.

Tough opposition for both girls, I think. But rather livelier than Anand v Gelfand...!

PS Written before Robin's post about Anna's coaching above - in light of which I'd just say Anna's doing OK but maybe missed a trick at her 15th through playing a wee bit too quick. But, not for me to say...
Wouldn't you know it? Her opponent returned the favour... Come on, Anna. Keep going.
Here is the chess news...

Anna Milton is ahead on the clock! Her opponent appears to have taken roughly half an hour for her 15th move as it was very trappy. I am beginning to get edgy. Hope she can keep it going before her opponent tries to get that 3-1 queenside pawn majority rolling.
Yes Anna! e4 had to come. Now her opponent's position looks really disjointed. Anna is getting the pawn back, has her rooks centralized, chances of an incredible result if she can hold it together