Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney 2012
Donald, as England are potentially still in with a chance can you update us on their scores. Hoping for us to win 6-0 so we can relax...
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
A nervous afternoon is guaranteed! England of course are still right in this and I am sure their coaching team will be pushing them to go all out for victories on every board. Every single half point will be vital and I am sure our guys will be trying their very best to bring that trophy home.
Good to see Daniel taking his slow, steady positional approach to the last game
Let's just remember that the Welsh U14 side outgrade our team - we'll be doing well if we even draw with them as we did in the earlier round.

Fifty minutes in, and no results to report so far.
Glimmer of hope in the Faber. England have gone one down vs Ireland very quickly, and are also a pawn down in another of the games.

We need two things to happen to win it:
(1) England lose to Ireland.
(2) Scotland beat Wales, scoring at least 1.5 points more than England do in this round.

Let's see.
--
"Heather's clever book" - as plugged by the Rampant Chess team.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://tinyurl.com/HFPhysics">http://tinyurl.com/HFPhysics</a><!-- m -->
Donald,

Give us an indication of how things look please. I promise you won't be shot at dawn if you guess wrong. The monitoring station at Edinburgh have already detected a 2.5 reading on the Richter scale on my chair at Prestwick.
Heather,

I saw there was an outside possible in the Gilbert/Faber but we effectively needed every result to go our way. How are we doing?
Glorney Bd 5: loss for Daniel
U12 Bd 3: draw for Declan
Glorney Bd 2: draw for Hamish

U14 Bd 6: draw for Fergus

U12 Bd 4: draw for Colin
Bd 5: draw for Liam
Bd 6: draw for Euan

The latest score in the Ireland v England U14 match is ½ - 1½ (draw on Bd 1, win for England on Bd 5). For our U14s, Lennart is an exchange down, the other games are OK so far.