Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Primary Team
Just noticed that the primary team competition has been held and was wondering how this event was marketed?

I ask this because I noticed that the Lothian champs (Gillespies) were not involved though I appreciate that they may have been unable to take part.
Yes, all schools were sent entry forms & we had over 40 teams enter.

Will get Michael to post the top places in both sections & Andy has photos to upload too
Photos are posted and the link is in the sticky post at the top of the forum
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Primary:
1st Sciennes A Edinburgh 9/12
2nd Balloch A Inverness 9/12
3rd St Brides A Cambuslang 8/12

Also finishing on 8 points:
Lawhead A St Andrews, St Peters Edinburgh, St Aloysius Chapelhall, st John the Baptist A Uddingston.

P5 & Under:
1st Laurencekirk A 11/12
2nd St Brides A Bothwell 11/12
3rd St Brides A Cambuslang 9/12
Quote:sent entry forms & we had over 40 teams enter.
Hi Andy,
I asked the question because I suspected that was the answer and I had the impression that most of the teams taking part were probably from schools who had some direct connection with the event from previous years or the organisers.

We had great problems establishing a communication with schools that had clubs and who might wish to take part in the lothian school leagues and we have tried emailing the schools. It seems that unless the email is targeted at the person actually running the club then it just gets lost in the general intray - this is even more probable where the club is organised by a parent rather than a teacher. I know this can be an issue at Gillespies. It really requires that emails are followed up by a phone call but clearly that is just not practical.

Was any approach made to the organisers of local school leagues to help promote?

As shown by the UK Land Challenge (as was) there are many schools out there with players - is it possible to contact them via Basman?