Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inverness NEJCA 24/3/12
Hi,

Paul MacDonald and I are heading up to this one in the chessmobile. Please feel free to talk to us there about any junior chess issue especially online coaching. We are looking forward to this very much as we thoroughly enjoyed our recent trip to the Stonehaven event,

Robin.
Home at Prestwick now. This was another fantastic event in the NEJCA calender with superb trophies for all prizewinners including a truly stunning silver cup for the winner of the main event, the Keith Hoban memorial. Last year there were juniors from Orkney playing! None from there this year I believe but 57 competitors from as far afield as Stonehaven and a group of 13 from Stornoway. Another great venue, the Chieftain hotel which was provided free of charge by it's enthusiastic owners. One large playing area plus two seperate analysis rooms all within walking distance of the railway station. The hotel had a very good and reasonably priced lunch menu (the bishop's beef curry was delicious) with free coffee for all. The behaviour and lack of noise level from the competitors was as good as I have witnessed anywhere outwith major championships. Gerard Lobley and his highly efficient organised team deserve every plaudit for a truly wonderful event. Best wishes particularly to Sheila Emery who was unable to be present as she has been in hospital recently but I understand is making good progress,

Robin.

PS Sorry meant to say thankyou very much to Lisa, Deitrich and Kai for looking after us