Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
07/03/2012 - DISCUSSION of C.Sreeves vs A.Burnett
Looks pretty bad for black. Andy is making loads of weaknesses and he's got big problems on the queenside as well. Maybe he'll land an f4 trick at some point?
c5 was probably a bad move, it's very unlike Andy to "kill" his pieces like that, as in he's got no chance for Qb6, Ng4 activity or play on the queenside anymore. He likes the 1...c5 2...e5 benoni as black but the pawn on d3 means the Bg2 gets active if black plays f5.
Maybe it's already lost?
Quote: I feel a wee bit embarassed not to pay for this.

WOW!! never thought I would hear these words from Mr Moore

=o =o =o =o =o =o =o =o =o =o =o =o =o =o =o =o =o
I was thinking that Andy's next book could be called 'Home moving Chess' Big Grin

If White plays n x d4 as Clement mentions as a threat, can it be met with n x e5 with black doing something with his c8 bishop beforehand? edit be6 only move.

Havn't looked at an engine so I guess my move isn't sound?
Angus McDonald Wrote:I was thinking that Andy's next book could be called 'Home moving Chess' Big Grin

If White plays n x d4 as Clement mentions as a threat, can it be met with n x e5 with black doing something with his c8 bishop beforehand? edit be6 only move.

Havn't looked at an engine so I guess my move isn't sound?

Nxe5 could be met with Bc3 I think? Seems to win the Knight on e5 as if it moves then white wins the Queen with the discovered check. Big Grin
Thanks Andrew,

Yes, my moves are rubbish! I've just checked them out on fritz. I think Black is in trouble! and may need to throw in the towel
Blimey he's played my first move! Which is bad!! or should I say ??

LIked the youtube videos though!