Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Junior director update
I am posting this after taking a long time to consider my position. I am reluctantly having to step back from all chess activities and roles with immediate effect. 
I am struggling with health issues both physically and cognitively and need to focus on my health for now. 
I feel privileged to have been able to be involved with our juniors, parents and coaches in recent years and was looking forward to working with our new squad members. 
I have posted elsewhere that I have now yet had glorney details sent so I can confirm no selections for this have been affected by my decision. 
I would ask that juniors who have recently registered interest in other events not email ruaridh mckay for the time being. 
I apologise for any problems my decision may cause and ask that people respect this decision. 
Fiona
Sorry to hear that Fiona, thank you for all the effort you have put in.
Dear Fiona,
                Sorry to hear that your health continues to worsen. Obviously both your well-being and quality of life are the number one priority and clearly you have made the correct, albeit difficult, decision.
                Many thanks for your inputs and efforts over the years. I wish you all the very best (in all respects) for the future with the dream that we may see you back in the junior team sometime.
                Meantime, look after yourself
                Gerald
Thank you for all your hard work Fiona. Get well soon.