Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Dyer
It is stated on facebook that he has died of cancer
(11-09-2019, 01:25 PM)amuir Wrote: It is stated on facebook that he has died of cancer

https://www.facebook.com/mike.dyer.9085

For all who wish to attend, the funeral service for Mike Dyer will take place at Clydebank Crematorium on Friday 20th September at 1.30pm.
This will be followed by a celebration in honour of Mike at West Park Hotel which is close to the crematorium.
There will be family flowers only.
There will be a collection on the day for St Margaret's Hospice in Clydebank where Mike was cared for during his last days. Donations can also be made directly via this link https://www.justgiving.com/smh
As some of you reading this will know, Mike was a Partick Thistle season ticket holder. We thought Mike would really appreciate it if people wanted to pay their respects by wearing some red and yellow.
Both myself and the rest of Mike's family have been overwhelmed by the love and kind words that have been sent to us. Thank you all xxx

Jan Bastable
Mike played for our Pollok team in the late 80s. A principled character, and a committed activist. Very sad news.
I had many exciting games with Mike over the years going back to the early 90’s. We had opposite styles, so playing against Mike was always fireworks. I can remember one game in particular being two pieces up (for nothing) and Mike being told by his team captain he wasn’t allowed to resign. Somehow, Mike managed to draw that game! In a professional capacity, Mike also helped one of my close friends through a dispute with his employer. He always went above and beyond for fairness and to see that justice was done. Another sad loss. Condolences to Mike's family. RIP.
I am truly saddened to hear of the passing of Mike Dyer.
We had many games where we argued the merits of the King's Indian and Grunfeld.
Rest In Peace my friend