Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNCL Sunday
SNCL is on this sunday

1) Clocks go forward an hour - don't be late. We start the games at 10.00 prompt

2) Bring the trophies please

3) Do not leave any property behind. I am not keeping things until next season.

4) In the afternoon is the Team Lightning Comp. Please stay and play. It is usually finished by 6pm at latest.

5) AGM is hopefully at 3pm. All Captains must attend please, there may be important votes. Any Agenda items give them to me or Andy before 12.00 on Sunday

Anything I've forgotten to say I'm sure Andy will add in.

Next year's dates will have to change due to congress commitments so definitely will need discussion on this at AGM

GG
Glynis
I would like to propose the following two items for the SNCL Agenda:
1. Increments are removed for 2018-19 season. It's very hard to make the 10.00 start time for some areas in Scotland. Increments are not yet mandatory so let's delay the change.
2. There is a guaranteed break of 30 minutes for any player playing both morning and afternoon rounds. It is too much to expect players to play two consecutive games without a rest and food.
Glynis, Andy, Ken etc. Thanks for organising SNCL & Lightning again.

It was agreed at AGM that increments will be retained. Getting there for 10am requires a lift as trains from Dumbarton don't get there on time but I will look into options for next year. My team got relegated though ! I am delighted that there is a guaranteed 30 minute break between SNCL games next year - in rare case 1st round game is very long with increments.

It was a very long weekend. Came back from the Irn-Bru Dumbarton 90 minute loss to Inverness, straight to bed, lost one hour's sleep due to time change, frustrated at not beating Nicol, had to suffer watching Alex Gillies swindling Neil Farrell consigning us to relegation. We then had not much of a break, with SNCL AGM, then lightning. It was very hot and sweaty in hall and I got crushed by Mark Sanger in lightning preliminaries, and I won a few lucky games on time.

I was in some state when I got home and was ordered to go in the shower to freshen up by my wife.
Luxury! Wait till the Glorney...
Andy -- aw  diddums!!!  Life is tough. [Image: biggrin.png]

Fix the transport problem --learn to drive. Then you can add to the world pollution problem.

Never know next year you might have a player who can drive all of you or there may be an earlier bus you can get.

As much as we try we can't please all of the people all of the time so I need to go with majority decisions.

Have a good rest before next season

GG