Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Lightning
Will this be taking place on March 25th after the last round of SNCL as has been the norm in recent years? I don't see it listed in the events calendar?
I am pretty sure that on Sunday Glynis did say that it was on.
Yes, it's planned for March 25 as usual. I'll be getting an entry form put on the website very soon, I hope; plus something on the calendar. I hadn't checked with Glynis until just before last weekend.
For practical reasons (given only one arbiter for a lot of games) we shall use the 2017 rule on illegal moves, ie opponent can claim game after first illegal move.
So far 3 clubs have entered, each with 2 teams.
It would be helpful now to receive some more entries. I need to have some idea of the overall entry to assist planning, so please don't all leave things to the last minute.
Come on Ken you should know by now chess players always leave everything to the last minute!!

I told the lads they could sign up on the day once they knew who wanted to stay. That's what usually happens.
I'm very aware of how chess players behave! I'm also aware that I'm not as young as I used to be and need more time to do things, so I'd like as much advance info as possible. Makes planning much easier.

To date we have 15 teams entered - 3 Edinburgh juniors, 2 each Edinburgh, Dumfries, Phones, Hamilton, Bon Accord, 1 from Paisley, Stepps.