Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson Team Pools
The rules say:

Each club must complete the competition registration form listing the players details, including any existing FIDE registration and must follow the instructions listed on the registration form.

Where can we see these lists of players that have been registered by each club?
This rule is for administration use. It there to ensures that clubs registering teams for the relevant round are using registered players.

We only committed to publishing lists per round (both teams and their board order) and not complete squads.

the link below shows how we will be implementing the teams lists information on a round by round basis

http://chess-results.com/tnr319421.aspx?...t=3&wi=821
(17-12-2017, 11:38 PM)Jim Webster Wrote: This rule is for administration use.  It there to ensures that clubs registering teams for the relevant round are using registered players.

We only committed to publishing lists per round (both teams and their board order) and not complete squads.

the link below shows how we will be implementing the teams lists information on a round by round basis

Thanks Jim. I'm curious if his is how it works in other premier events like 4NCL. Mistakenly, I had assumed pools would also be published. 
Should they be I wonder? I would vote they should be.
(18-12-2017, 08:06 PM)George Neave Wrote:
(17-12-2017, 11:38 PM)Jim Webster Wrote: This rule is for administration use.  It there to ensures that clubs registering teams for the relevant round are using registered players.

Thanks Jim. I'm curious if his is how it works in other premier events like 4NCL. Mistakenly, I had assumed pools would also be published. 
Should they be I wonder? I would vote they should be.

www.4ncl.co.uk/registrations.htm
This would just create an incentive for people to leave submitting player registrations to the last possible minute and thus create more hassle for the TD.
You've got your published lists, that should be enough - every other tournament you get ~ 12 hours to prepare.
I have plenty of spare time at the moment so your rule change would just benefit me personally but knowing the team lists months in advance is too much.
There's enough (too much) memorising theory in chess as it is.

Just my two cents.
In the 4NCL team registration lists must be submitted a month before the start of the season and are published on the 4NCL website. Thereafter individual players can be added or deleted as required. I'm not saying it's any better than other systems - that's just the way we do it.