Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FM Murad Abdulla
It's now official  https://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=2403757 

Congratulations!!!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Congratulations FM Murad !!!!
Fantastic news

well deserved
congratulations Murad
Well done murad. Hopefully it is the first one of many to come.
John Watkins
Is Murad the youngest Scottish FM ever?
(02-08-2017, 04:52 PM)AndrewGreen Wrote: Is Murad the youngest Scottish FM ever?

I believe so.  The FM title only came into existence in 1978 so many of the holders would have been above that age when the title came into being.

Rhian Hughes and Amy Officer both got the WFM title at a younger age - if memory serves from performance in Olympiads.
(02-08-2017, 07:30 PM)Alex McFarlane Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 04:52 PM)AndrewGreen Wrote: Is Murad the youngest Scottish FM ever?

I believe so.  The FM title only came into existence in 1978 so many of the holders would have been above that age when the title came into being.

Rhian Hughes and Amy Officer both got the WFM title at a younger age - if memory serves from performance in Olympiads.

Thanks Alex. I hope he can become the youngest IM next!
Congrats Murad!
Keep up the hard work, you're an inspiration even for us oldtimers! Cool
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
That's a seriously impressive year, mate (FM, Scottish Champion, Player of the year) - you should be justly proud of yourself.

Whenever I see anyone excel at anything, I'm always genuinely curious about their methods, psychology, approach and I honestly think you might have a few insights that would help the wider youth community - so, share them Smile
Seriously, perhaps a magazine item or even some selective posts - I'm sure there is much you could say that would be an inspiration and of genuine interest to your peers and those a few years behind.
Is a bit presumptuous for me to answer for Murad but I suspect the habit most immediately relevant to your question is "not checking the forum ever" - I'll pass on your question to him at BA on Friday Peter Big Grin.