Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do CS still do Blitz grading, or is it just via FIDE now?
I was thinking about running a graded Blitz night at our club before the end of the season. I can't see any Blitz rating system on our online grading system though? We just have the regular or allegro grades. Didn't there used to be one? Or am I just imagining that?

Is the only way and done thing now in Scotland to grade Blitz games via the FIDE grading system? If so, is that an easy and simple enough process for someone at a club to do?
(15-05-2017, 11:11 AM)Jonathan Livingstone Wrote: I was thinking about running a graded Blitz night at our club before the end of the season. I can't see any Blitz rating system on our online grading system though? We just have the regular or allegro grades. Didn't there used to be one? Or am I just imagining that?

Is the only way and done thing now in Scotland to grade Blitz games via the FIDE grading system? If so, is that an easy and simple enough process for someone at a club to do?

Just your imagination J. CS have never previously graded blitz games and currently have no intention of starting. 

There is information here on what you require to submit data for FIDE events.

https://www.chessscotland.com/grading/in...de-rating/

The key bit is you need a "licensed arbiter" to oversee the event https://www.chessscotland.com/informatio.../arbiters/

You also need to register it in advance via an email request to me or Andy Howie.

Since the event is not going through the CS grading system you will need appropriate software to create the result output in FIDE format. The arbiters have this software. Once you have the output it is submitted to me or Andy Howie for upload to FIDE site.

It is not clear at the moment if there is a financial charge levied by FIDE for blitz events. 

Currently CS does not charge for merely submitting data to the FIDE site - but it may do in future. At the moment FIDE data is not considered as part of a CS member club's "free" 500 result allocation.

Or for a much easier life why not make it an allegro event 15-30 mins and it goes straight into the CS domestic allegro system as part of Dunbar's free club data - albeit this requires it to be an internal club event and not open to all.
Thanks for the info. Is a bit to much hassle really to grade a small club Blitz night then if you have to go through the FIDE process, and have an arbiter.

We are hosting a 12 v 12, 3 round graded allegro night at the end of the season and had a similar night at the start of the season. I thought a Blitz night might have been something different, but not to be.