Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Schools Team Championships 2017
Congratulations to the organisers of the Championships who had 45 team entries in 3 categories yesterday and to all those who participated including my own Club members who represented their various schools, noteably Bishopbriggs Academy who were brilliant in winning the Secondary School Title :-)
From memory, I think the results were...

Secondary
1st= Bishopbriggs Academy (top school)
1st= Tiger Cubs (top club)
2nd Boroughmuir
3rd Dundee High?

P6/7
1st St Peter's 2 (on board points from High School of Glasgow)
2nd High School of Glasgow
3rd St Peter's 1

P5&u
1st ESMS (Mary Erskine Stewart Melville)
2nd Sciennes 1
3rd Sciennes 3

Congrats to everyone!
Lothian Junior Chess
http://www.ljc.org.uk
Who plays for Bishopbriggs Academy ? They are currently doing well in the Glasgow Schools League too.
Marco D'Alessio, Liam Tang & Chris Wan are the 3 players Andy
Hi Martin, I think allowing composite teams to play in the events was a good idea as long as it didn't affect the official placings. If you are trying to now say that the event was a tie then that is a farce and diminishes the status of the event! Giving a trophy to a composite team was also a huge error of judgement in my opinion. Bishopbriggs Academy were worthy winners and that should be made clear to one and all
Hi Harry,
I'm just repeating the results as I was told them (that they were tied on the tiebreak)! It is certainly not my intention to diminish a fantastic achievement by the guys from Bishopbriggs! Amazing to have so much talent at one school.
Cheers,
Martin
Lothian Junior Chess
http://www.ljc.org.uk
Hi gents,

Any chance one or both of you could write up a report for the next issue of Scottish Chess magazine? (Copy date April 5th) with some pics (and no bickering? Wink )

Thanks,
Andy Burnett
Why were club teams allowed to enter a schools event, entry form specifically says schools.
If it was going to be opened to club teams, then this should have been advertised.

Other point is why only 4 rounds?

Michael.