Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liverpool Quadrangular
It would be nice to see the Scotland team lists published?

Good luck to everyone when the matches come around
harrymarron Wrote:It would be nice to see the Scotland team lists published?

Good luck to everyone when the matches come around

I asked the same question last year Harry, but was told that keeping them secret was necessary to avoid preparation, other teams doing likewise. I wasn't convinced of this then and I'm still not convinced about the reasoning now!
Good luck to Liam Tang, Marco D'Alessio, Matthew Billcliff & Ritvik Maheshwari at Liverpool today. Sorry I still don't know who else is involved. Play hard everyone and have fun.
If anyone has a link to the event please post it here. I have googled looking for some information but no success :/
Wins for Marco, Matthew & Ritvik and a draw for Liam in 1st round at Liverpool Quadrangular.

Midlands in 2nd round and it seems that a number of their intended players haven't made it to the venue so a number of byes for Scotland.
Win for Marco in Rd2. No game for Matthew or Liam. 8 Midlands players didn't show up!

1st Rd vs North 8-2 win U12, 7-3 win U14, 4-2 loss U16
U12s won round 2; 6 points to 4 points against the Midlands. Wales tomorrow.
(via email from one of the parents)
Lothian Junior Chess
http://www.ljc.org.uk
Still no link to a website? I'm mystified - I have no idea who is playing, against whom or anything else beyond the brief posts here :/
I don't think there has ever been a website. Results are normally fed by willing volunteers (I have done it in the past when I was there)
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:I don't think there has ever been a website. Results are normally fed by willing volunteers (I have done it in the past when I was there)

I think you are right Andy, there has never been a website for this tournament. When I used to follow the juniors from our club who played in these tournaments, I always got news from reports from national website, or postings on forums.

Perhaps they just need a willing volunteer to set something up if that's the way they want to go?