Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nan
Nan (Glynis' mother) passed away yesterday morning.  Nan was a very active part of SNCL and Glynis has asked me to pass on the following.

Funeral is on Monday 6th November at 11:30am at the Dunfermline Crematorium (Masterton Road, KY11 8QR) followed by Soup and Sandwiches at Pitbauchlie Hotel (Aberdour Road, KY11 4PB).  All are welcome.  As a request from the Crematorium, please do not send flowers.  If desired, there will be a donation box for Alzheimers Scotland.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
What to say about Nan, she was a lovely person (and made the meanest bacon butty anywhere!). Nan always seemed to get a laugh from me when I would turn up at SNCL wearing my shorts. It really seemed to tickle her.

I remember when I was recovering from my Stroke, both Nan and Glynis would take it in turns to nag me and encourage me in equal measures to help me recover.

The first time we came to SNCL, we were looking to enter a team the following season. For some reason there was an odd number of teams one week and we were invited to come along and see what it was like. We arrived to the familiar faces of Donald and Rod and introduced to two hard working and enthusiastic ladies who were working the canteen area. Little did I know that it was Nan and Glynis who ran the whole event. We really enjoyed ourselves that day and well the rest is history, we have been part of the SNCL family ever since. A few years later I made the transition from player to member of the team. I could not have been made any more welcome by Nan and Glynis.

In the last few years, poor health had stopped Nan from going to her beloved SNCL. She made a few appearances to pop in and see us all, and the look on her face when she saw "her boys" and Glynis was heartwarming.

RIP Nan, you will be sorely missed
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"