Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW Baku Olympiad thread!
Is everyone looking through rose-tinted glasses ?
We are currently lying in 115th place, 52 places below seedings.
Come - on , we need a good 2nd half
You know fine well from having been to these events that our pairings have skewed our position significantly so far in the Open section. USA,Turkey and Israel - who else has faced such a strong set of opponents from those on our score group or just above?

And you failed to mention our women's team are above seeding so far, despite having to face the Russians in round 1.

If you have nothing positive to add it might be best to say nothing at all. The players certainly don't need to be reading such negative comments while they are studying, preparing and playing so hard for their country.

Andy Burnett
Good luck to the team! I am watching the games online from Dubai and enjoying the chess. Looking forward to us getting a team around about our seeding in the next few rounds and absolutely stuffing them.
How was the Bermuda party on the rest day ? Anyone wake up with sore heads ?
Hello,

Girls...Ladies....it does not matter what term you use, I'm sure they don't mind.

What does matter is why we are talking about them on this thread.

They should have their own thread, in pink, covering opening theory and cooking recipes.

The guys need to buck up. they are losing to countries I can't find on any map and
to players whose names are unpronounceable.

Mathematically 1st place is out of reach but a top 10 finish is not.
Send for Chris Donkin, the 'Mr Fix-It' of Scottish Chess will make it so.

Hi Andy (Muir),

if I hear that anyone of them went to that stupid beach party then heads will roll.

Rest days are for Rook endings and for studying that magic King opposition thing that Kings do.

Hi Andy (Burnett)

I have lost a Black pawn, on the last day please nick one...not an 'a'-pawn, make it an 'e'-pawn.

Hi Andy (Howie)

You are causing confusion, you have the lowest grade so stop posting or change your name.
Geoff Chandler Wrote:Hi Andy (Burnett)

I have lost a Black pawn, on the last day please nick one...not an 'a'-pawn, make it an 'e'-pawn.

Geoff, you don't want one of those electronic pieces. If you mix it up with your others, it will start moving of its own accord if any electronic devices get near it. If it starts broadcasting on the internet, FIDE will be able to track it down to you, so you would't want a knock on the door from those people in the middle of your game.

Also, the black pieces are actually brown, so it wouldn't match.
Hi Geoff
you make me laugh every time keep it up
In the past , teams went to the party , and we had good times at the bars and met girls there.

Obviously this time it was pipe and slippers. The team is picking up now with some wins.

Nice of Caruana to go over the game with Andrew - I am hoping USA wins.
Two convincing wins for the Scotland teams today - again Keti getting great support from other team members.
Interesting game today for the open team. I guess Lithuania start as slight favourites but this feels like the first match that really could go either way. Good luck.
The Women seem to have a reasonably nice pairing against Finland, so that looks like another winnable match.