Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW Baku Olympiad thread!
Yes, caught a fleeting glimpse before the live feed became unuseable again. Frustrating.
And todays shocking news. A player has been defaulted when a random search found a phone.

Really????
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Ladies are 3-0 up now with Ali looking really good to make it 4. 50% when you are seeded 84th is excellent. Keep it up!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Also pleasing to see my Predecessor getting off the mark today Big Grin
Open Boards don't seem to want to display. I have a different like for anyone wanting to watch https://chess24.com/en/watch/multiboard/...-2016-open
Andy Howie Wrote:Ladies are 3-0 up now with Ali looking really good to make it 4. 50% when you are seeded 84th is excellent. Keep it up!

I make them 69th seed out of the 132 teams who have turned up so any finishing position in the top half would be great. Well done today girls!
Impressive result by the Women's team (or as Andy would have it - the 'Ladies' - he had them down as 'Girls' yesterday which may or may not have gone down too well!). Kathleen was losing heavily at but managed to turn the tables while Joy's opponent self-destructed in a drawn pawn ending. The other two games were never in doubt as Keti and Ali stormed through.

A hard match for the Open team (or is it the Gentlemen/Boys?) against Turkey. Both John and Neil were doing well at one stage but they didn't manage to keep it going against their higher graded opponents.

So both teams have yo-yo'd their way to 50% and you would now expect closer matches from now on. But rather unlucky for the open team to be drawn against Israel (5 highly ranked GMs!). I suppose we can't expect too much against a team whose number 5 rejoices in the name of Baron Tal! A better draw for the women against their Celtic rivals Wales.
Alastair White Wrote:Impressive result by the Women's team (or as Andy would have it - the 'Ladies' - he had them down as 'Girls' yesterday which may or may not have gone down too well!).

Really?? Want to show me where as I don't have any recollection on posting yesterday. I was hardly on the internet
Sorry Andy it was the other Andy... too many Andys

I get easily confused at my age... :ymblushing:
Phew. Wasn't looking foward to getting a chewing from the Ladies team when I get there!