Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glasgow Schools League
Phil - I currently have 5 entries and yesterday chased 18 schools who have not replied. Deadline 31 October. Even if no more entries can have all-play-all.
ENTRIES
Glasgow Academy
Glasgow Academy Prep
Hillhead High
Hillhead High Junior
Hutchesons Grammar
Andy,
sounds excellent.

I hope to get you a 6th school by end of this month.
Hi Andy

I am hopeful that Smithycroft Secondary School will be able to play in the Glasgow Schools League. I will confirm this with you within the next few days Smile

Linda
I've contacted Bishopbriggs Academy and encouraged them to enter. They would be an excellent addition to the league.
can I just say this is a great initiative by everyone involved and well supported.
If it goes well , I might organise the Scottish Team Schools Championship (i.e.Scotsman) next year
We have received 10 entrants which will be split into a senior league of 6 teams (all-play-all, 5 matches ) :
Glasgow Academy
Hillhead High
Hutchesons Grammar
Mearns Castle High A
Mearns Castle High B
Paisley Grammar

and a junior league of 4 teams (all-play-all home & away , 6 matches ) :
Glasgow Academy Prep
Hillhead High Junior (S1/S2)
Kelvinside Academy Junior (Primary)
Paisley Grammar (S1/S2)

In addition 4 teams contacted me but have missed the deadline:

Our Lady & St Patrick's , Dumbarton
St Aloysius
Williamwood High
High School of Glasgow

The fixtures will be drawn up next weekend. I shall extend the deadline to Friday November 4th at 4pm to answer queries and accept late entrants.
Andy, would you mind mentioning to your Glasgow School League contacts that they're welcome at our Secondary team day on Sunday November 20th? It's an early start though! Smile
Lothian Junior Chess
http://www.ljc.org.uk
Quote:If it goes well , I might organise the Scottish Team Schools Championship (i.e.Scotsman) next year
For the record the original Scotsman Trophy should still be at James Gillespies High though since they have gone through the building of a new school campus over thast few years I would not be surprised if it has been lost. Let me know if you would like me to try and get it back. To be honest it was a bit tatty.
Quote:If it goes well , I might organise the Scottish Team Schools Championship (i.e.Scotsman) next year
For the record the original Scotsman Trophy should still be at James Gillespies High though since they have gone through the building of a new school campus over thast few years I would not be surprised if it has been lost. Let me know if you would like me to try and get it back. To be honest it was a bit tatty.