Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edinburgh Live Games
Graham maybe you can kindly fill in some gaps, the usual results and winners report has not been submitted on the CS news feed.

Did Keti/Neil/Alan win the event on 4 pnts as they are pictured with the cup? IM Samolins finished on 4.5 and was clear of the field. And FM Lauridsen was also on 4. Is it a Scottish eligibility thing?

Who won the giant killing prize? I happen to know who won grading prizes even though that's not published, but what was the best game prize? as that will surely be worth a look at the PGN game. Thanks.
I'll get full results from DS...

Giant-killer prize was awarded to Peter Doris for his R5 win in the Major over Andrew Curran, a difference of 438 points. However, we have since discovered a larger rating gap in the game between Kalyan Sai Nandan Kante and his R2 opponent Colin Paterson, a rating difference of 756.

Keti, Neil and Alan shared the East of Scotland trophy, not the Premier event, outright winner of the Premier was Vitalijs Samolins with 4½/5, whereas Keti, Neil and Alan finished on 4 points alongside Jesper Morch Lairidsen, who, like Samolins, was not eligible for the EoS trophy.

Best game and most interesting game were both awarded to Premier players, although we did have some good contributions from the lower events. Don't shoot me if i got this wrong, but ISTR Euan Gray won best game with his R4 win over Carlo Marzano, Ubong Archibong won most entertaining game with his R2 win over David Findlay.